Improved methods for bandwidth selection when estimating ROC curves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lloyd, Chris J. & Yong, Zhou, 1999. "Kernel estimators of the ROC curve are better than empirical," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 221-228, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaushik Ghosh & Ram Tiwari, 2007. "Empirical process approach to some two-sample problems based on ranked set samples," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 59(4), pages 757-787, December.
- Gaëlle Chagny & Claire Lacour, 2015. "Optimal adaptive estimation of the relative density," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 24(3), pages 605-631, September.
- Chang, Yuan-chin Ivan & Park, Eunsik, 2009. "Constructing the best linear combination of diagnostic markers via sequential sampling," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(18), pages 1921-1927, September.
- Kang, Le & Tian, Lili, 2013. "Estimation of the volume under the ROC surface with three ordinal diagnostic categories," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 39-51.
- Cheam, Amay S.M. & McNicholas, Paul D., 2016. "Modelling receiver operating characteristic curves using Gaussian mixtures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 192-208.
- Lopez-de-Ullibarri, Ignacio & Cao, Ricardo & Cadarso-Suarez, Carmen & Lado, Maria J., 2008. "Nonparametric estimation of conditional ROC curves: Application to discrimination tasks in computerized detection of early breast cancer," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2623-2631, January.
More about this item
KeywordsBandwidth selection Binary classification Kernel estimator MISE ROC curve;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:64:y:2003:i:2:p:181-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.