Empirical likelihood for single-index models
The empirical likelihood method is especially useful for constructing confidence intervals or regions of the parameter of interest. This method has been extensively applied to linear regression and generalized linear regression models. In this paper, the empirical likelihood method for single-index regression models is studied. An estimated empirical log-likelihood approach to construct the confidence region of the regression parameter is developed. An adjusted empirical log-likelihood ratio is proved to be asymptotically standard chi-square. A simulation study indicates that compared with a normal approximation-based approach, the proposed method described herein works better in terms of coverage probabilities and areas (lengths) of confidence regions (intervals).
Volume (Year): 97 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Qi-Hua Wang & Bing-Yi Jing, 2001. "Empirical Likelihood for a Class of Functionals of Survival Distribution with Censored Data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 53(3), pages 517-527, September.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Jing, Bing-Yi, 2001. "Censored Partial Linear Models and Empirical Likelihood," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 37-61, July.
- Shi, Jian & Lau, Tai-Shing, 2000. "Empirical Likelihood for Partially Linear Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 132-148, January.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Tsybakov, A. B., 1993.
"How sensitive are average derivatives?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 31-48, July.
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A., 1991. "How sensitive are average derivates ?," CORE Discussion Papers 1991044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992. "How Sensitive are Average Derivatives?," Papers 9208, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Härdle, W.K. & Tsybakov, A.B., 1992. "How sensitive are average derivatives?," Discussion Paper 1992-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stoker, Thomas M, 1986. "Consistent Estimation of Scaled Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1461-1481, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:97:y:2006:i:6:p:1295-1312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.