Optimal tests for homogeneity of covariance, scale, and shape
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas P. Hettmansperger, 2002. "A practical affine equivariant multivariate median," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(4), pages 851-860, December.
- Srivastava, M. S. & Khatri, C. G. & Carter, E. M., 1978. "On monotonicity of the modified likelihood ratio test for the equality of two covariances," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 262-267, June.
- Arjun Gupta & Jin Xu, 2006. "On Some Tests of the Covariance Matrix Under General Conditions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 58(1), pages 101-114, March.
- Hallin Marc & Paindaveine Davy, 2006. "Parametric and semiparametric inference for shape: the role of the scale functional," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(3), pages 1-24, December.
- Lutz Dümbgen & David E. Tyler, 2005. "On the Breakdown Properties of Some Multivariate M-Functionals," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(2), pages 247-264.
- Liebscher, Eckhard, 2005. "A semiparametric density estimator based on elliptical distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 205-225, January.
- Taskinen, Sara & Croux, Christophe & Kankainen, Annaliisa & Ollila, Esa & Oja, Hannu, 2006. "Influence functions and efficiencies of the canonical correlation and vector estimates based on scatter and shape matrices," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 359-384, February.
- Carter, E. M. & Srivastava, M. S., 1977. "Monotonicity of the power functions of modified likelihood ratio criterion for the homogeneity of variances and of the sphericity test," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 229-233, March.
- Yanagihara, Hirokazu & Tonda, Tetsuji & Matsumoto, Chieko, 2005. "The effects of nonnormality on asymptotic distributions of some likelihood ratio criteria for testing covariance structures under normal assumption," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 237-264, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephanie Aerts & Gentiane Haesbroeck, 2017. "Robust asymptotic tests for the equality of multivariate coefficients of variation," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 26(1), pages 163-187, March.
- Frahm, Gabriel, 2009. "Asymptotic distributions of robust shape matrices and scales," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(7), pages 1329-1337, August.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Thomas Verdebout, 2009. "Optimal rank-based testing for principal component," Working Papers ECARES 2009_013, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Thomas Verdebout, 2011. "Optimal Rank-Based Tests for Common Principal Components," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2011-032, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin, 2008. "On the Non Gaussian Asymptotics of the Likelihood Ratio Test Statistic for Homogeneity of Covariance," Working Papers ECARES 2008_039, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
Keywords62M15 62G35 Elliptical densities Homogeneity of covariances Local asymptotic normality Locally asymptotically most stringent tests Multivariate analysis of variance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:100:y:2009:i:3:p:422-444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.