Monitoring the Monitors: Are Old Boys Networks Being Used to Monitor Japanese Private Banks?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Sheard, 1994. "Bank Executives on Japanese Corporate Boards," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 12(2), pages 85-121, December.
- Horiuchi, Akiyoshi & Katsutoshi Shimizu, 1998. ""Did Amakudari Undermine the Effectiveness of Regulator Monitoring in Japan?"," CIRJE F-Series 98-F-10, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Kaplan, Steven N. & Minton, Bernadette A., 1994. "Appointments of outsiders to Japanese boards: Determinants and implications for managers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 225-258, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilduara Busta & Bersant Hobdari, 2015. "Board effectiveness in the European banking industry," International Journal of Corporate Governance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 25-41.
- Chen, Li-Wen & Yu, Hsin-Yi, 2017. "Corporate governance, political involvement, and internationalization: An empirical investigation in Japan and Taiwan," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 640-655.
- Adam Posen, 2003. "It Takes More Than a Bubble to Become Japan," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Anthony Richards & Tim Robinson (ed.), Asset Prices and Monetary Policy Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Marianne Rubinstein, 2009. "Quels enseignements tirer de la crise financière japonaise pour la crise actuelle ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 94(1), pages 251-271.
- Marianne Rubinstein, 2008. "Le marché de l’immobilier résidentiel en France : évolutions récentes et perspectives," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 91(1), pages 143-163.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:16:y:2002:i:1:p:1-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.