Chief Executive Turnover and Firm Performance in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Murphy, Kevin J. & Zimmerman, Jerold L., 1993. "Financial performance surrounding CEO turnover," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 273-315, April.
- Warner, Jerold B. & Watts, Ross L. & Wruck, Karen H., 1988. "Stock prices and top management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 461-492, January.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gibbons, Robert & Murphy, Kevin J, 1992.
"Optimal Incentive Contracts in the Presence of Career Concerns: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 468-505, June.
- Murphy, K.J. & Gibbons, R., 1990. "Optimal Incentive Contracts in the Presence of Career Concerns : Theory and Evidence," Papers 90-09, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Gibbons, R. & Murphy, K.J., 1990. "Optimal Incentive Contracts In The Presence Of Career Concerns: Theory And Evidence," Working papers 563, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Robert Gibbons & Kevin J. Murphy, 1991. "Optimal Incentive Contracts in the Presence of Career Concerns: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 3792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heinrich, Ralph P., 1999. "Complementarities in Corporate Governance - A Survey of the Literature with Special Emphasis on Japan," Kiel Working Papers 947, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Naohito Abe & Taehun Jung, 2004. "Cross-Shareholdings, Outside Directors, and Managerial Turnover: The Case of Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-38, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Takanori Tanaka, 2010. "Corporate financing and product market competition: evidence from firm-level data in Japan," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1373-1383.
- Michael S. Gibson, 1999. "Is corporate governance ineffective in emerging markets?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-63, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:bla:jecrev:v:68:y:2017:i:4:p:521-554 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hideaki Miyajima & Ryo Ogawa & Takuji Saito, 2017. "Changes in Corporate Governance and Top Executive Turnover: The Evidence from Japan," NBER Working Papers 23812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael E. Porter & Mariko Sakakibara, 2004. "Competition in Japan," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 27-50, Winter.
- Ahn, Sanghoon & Bhattacharya, Utpal & Jung, Taehun & Nam, Giseok, 2009. "Do Japanese CEOs matter?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 628-650, November.
- Hideaki Miyajima & Ryo Ogawa & Takuji Saito, 2016. "Changes in the Corporate Governance System and Presidential Turnover," Working Papers halshs-01680409, HAL.
- repec:eee:jjieco:v:47:y:2018:i:c:p:17-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quoc Trung Tran & Xuan Minh Nguyen & Tien Hoang Nguyen, 2016. "CEO duality, state shareholder and CEO turnover: Evidence from Vietnamese stock market," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 12(3), pages 113-120, September.
- Keiichi Hori & Hiroshi Osano, 2017.
"Agency Contracts, Noncommitment Timing Strategies and Real Options,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 521-554, December.
- Keiichi Hori & Hiroshi Osano, 2011. "Agency Contracts, Noncommitment Timing Strategies, and Real Options," KIER Working Papers 768, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Aivazian, Varouj A. & Ge, Ying & Qiu, Jiaping, 2005. "Corporate governance and manager turnover: An unusual social experiment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1459-1481, June.
- Lau, Chung-Ming & Fan, Dennis K.K. & Young, Michael N. & Wu, Shukun, 2007. "Corporate governance effectiveness during institutional transition," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 425-448, August.
- Kato, Takao & Kubo, Katsuyuki, 2006. "CEO compensation and firm performance in Japan: Evidence from new panel data on individual CEO pay," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Fan, Dennis K.K. & Lau, Chung-Ming & Young, Michael, 2007. "Is China's corporate governance beginning to come of age? The case of CEO turnover," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 105-120, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:11:y:1997:i:1:p:2-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.