Covariance matrix estimators and tests of market efficiency
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Hodrick, Robert J, 1980. "Forward Exchange Rates as Optimal Predictors of Future Spot Rates: An Econometric Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 829-853, October.
- Cornell, Bradford, 1989. "The impact of data errors on measurement of the foreign exchange risk premium," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 147-157, March.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Mark P. Taylor, 1995. "The Economics of Exchange Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 13-47, March.
- Ligeralde, Antonio V & Brown, Bryan W, 1995. "Band Covariance Matrix Estimation Using Restricted Residuals: A Monte Carlo Analysis," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 751-767, August.
- Martin D.D. Evans & Karen K. Lewis, 1993.
"Do Long-Term Swings in the Dollar Affect Estimates of the Risk Premia?,"
93-12, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Evans, Martin D D & Lewis, Karen K, 1995. "Do Long-Term Swings in the Dollar Affect Estimates of the Risk Premia?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 709-742.
- Lewis, K. & Evans, M.D.D., 1993. "Do Long-Term Swings in the Dollar Affect Estimates of the Risk Premia?," Weiss Center Working Papers 93-12, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Dutt, Swarna D., 1994. "The foreign exchange market efficiency hypothesis revisiting the puzzle," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 459-465, August.
- Simón Javier Sosvilla Rivero, 1991.
"Further tests on the forward exchange rate unbiasedness hypothesis,"
Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales
91-30, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon & Park, Young B., 1992. "Further tests on the forward exchange rate unbiasedness hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 325-331, November.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 2002.
"The Message in Daily Exchange Rates: A Conditional-Variance Tale,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 60-68, January.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 1989. "The Message in Daily Exchange Rates: A Conditional-Variance Tale," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 297-305, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Baillie and Bollerslev GARCH models with day-of-week effects," Statistical Software Components RTZ00172, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1991.
"Does Correcting for Heteroskedasticity Help?,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Korajczyk, Robert A, 1985. "The Pricing of Forward Contracts for Foreign Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 346-368, April.
- Bekaert, Geert & Hodrick, Robert J., 1993.
"On biases in the measurement of foreign exchange risk premiums,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 115-138, April.
- Geert Bekaert & Robert J. Hodrick, 1991. "On Biases in the Measurement of Foreign Exchange Risk Premiums," NBER Working Papers 3861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kearney, Colm & MacDonald, Ronald, 1991. "Efficiency in the Forward Foreign Exchange Market: Weekly Tests of the Australian/U.S. Dollar Exchange Rate January 1984-March 1987," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(198), pages 237-242, September.
- Ngama, Yerima Lawan, 1992. "Testing the Efficiency of Thin Forward Foreign Exchange Markets: An Application of Instrumental Variable Multiple Regression with Integrated, I(1), Variables," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 60(2), pages 169-180, June.
- Martin D.D. Evans, 1995. "Peso Problems: Their Theoretical and Empirical Implications," Working Papers 95-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Joe Mattey and Richard Meese., 1986. "Empirical Assessment of Present Value Relations," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 162, University of California at Berkeley.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Moore, Michael J, 1994. "Testing for Unbiasedness in Forward Markets," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 62(0), pages 67-78, Suppl..
- Breuer, Janice Boucher & Wohar, Mark E, 1996. "The Road Less Travelled: Institutional Aspects of Data and Their Influence on Empirical Estimates with an Application to Tests of Forward Rate Unbiasedness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 26-38, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:16:y:1997:i:2:p:323-343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.