Questions about the equivalence of market rents and user costs for owner occupied housing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diewert, W E, 1974. "Intertemporal Consumer Theory and the Demand for Durables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 497-516, May.
- Gerking, Shelby D & Weirick, William N, 1983. "Compensating Differences and Interregional Wage Differentials," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(3), pages 483-487, August.
- Diewert, Erwin & Nakamura, Alice O., 2009. "Accounting for Housing in a CPI," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2009-19, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 12 Mar 2009.
- Robert Summers & Alan Heston, 1988. "A New Set Of International Comparisons Of Real Product And Price Levels Estimates For 130 Countries, 1950–1985," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(1), pages 1-25, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Halket & Lars Nesheim & Florian Oswald, 2015. "The housing stock, housing prices, and user costs: The roles of location, structure and unobserved quality," Sciences Po publications cwp73/15, Sciences Po.
- Gaetano Lisi, 2015. "Use of Hedonic Prices to Estimate Capitalization Rate," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(3), pages 303-316.
- Garner, Thesia I. & Verbrugge, Randal, 2009.
"Reconciling user costs and rental equivalence: Evidence from the US consumer expenditure survey,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 172-192, September.
- Randal Verbrugge & Thesia I. Garner, 2009. "Reconciling User Costs and Rental Equivalence: Evidence from the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey," Working Papers 427, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Gaetano Lisi, 2017. "Homeownership and entrepreneurship," Working Papers. Serie AD 2017-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Bettina H. Aten, 2017. "Rental equivalence estimates of national and regional housing expenditures," BEA Working Papers 0142, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Bettina Aten & Eric Figueroa & Troy Martin, 2011. "Notes on Estimating the Multi-Year Regional Price Parities by 16 Expenditure Categories: 2005-2009," BEA Working Papers 0071, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Robert J. Hill & Miriam Steurer & Sofie R. Waltl, 2019. "Owner-Occupied Housing, Inflation, and Monetary Policy," Graz Economics Papers 2019-05, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:lsprsc:v:11:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s12076-018-0216-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlos Felipe Balcázar & Lidia Ceriani & Sergio Olivieri & Marco Ranzani, 2017.
"Rent‐Imputation for Welfare Measurement: A Review of Methodologies and Empirical Findings,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(4), pages 881-898, December.
- Balcazar, Carlos Felipe & Ceriani, Lidia & Olivieri, Sergio & Ranzani, Marco, 2014. "Rent imputation for welfare measurement : a review of methodologies and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7103, The World Bank.
- Arnold Katz, 2017. "Imputing Rents to Owner-Occupied Housing by Directly Modelling Their Distribution," BEA Working Papers 0144, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Garrido-Yserte, Rubén & Mañas-Alcón, Elena & Gallo-Rivera, Maria Teresa, 2012. "Housing and cost of living: Application to the Spanish regions," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 246-255.
- Sheng Guo & William Hardin, 2015. "Financial and Housing Wealth, Expenditures and the Dividend to Ownership," Working Papers 1506, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Gaetano Lisi, 2016.
"Mortgage Market, Housing Tenure Choice and Unemployment,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 472-493, November.
- Gaetano Lisi, 2015. "Mortgage market, housing tenure choice and unemployment," Working Papers. Serie AD 2015-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Matthew J Osborne & Nathan H. Miller, 2011. "Competition among Spatially Differentiated Firms: An Estimator with an Application to Cement," BEA Working Papers 0072, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Sheng Guo & William G. Hardin, 2017. "Financial and Housing Wealth, Expenditures and the Dividend to Ownership," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 58-96, January.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Nakamura, Alice O. & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2009. "The housing bubble and a new approach to accounting for housing in a CPI," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 156-171, September.
- Jonathan Halket & Lars Nesheim & Florian Oswald, 2015. "The housing stock, housing prices, and user costs: the roles of location, structure and unobserved quality," CeMMAP working papers CWP73/15, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsOwner occupied housing Rental housing Consumer price index;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:18:y:2009:i:3:p:273-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.