Length of residence discounts, turnover, and demand elasticity. Should long-term tenants pay less than new tenants?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Flath, David, 1980. "The Economics of Short-Term Leasing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 247-259, April.
- John D. Benjamin & Kenneth M. Lusht & James D. Shilling, 1998. "What Do Rental Contracts Reveal About Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard in Rental Housing Markets?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 309-329.
- William B. Shear, 1983. "A Note on Occupancy Turnover in Rental Housing Units," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 11(4), pages 525-538.
- J.R. Miron, 1990. "Security of Tenure, Costly Tenants and Rent Regulation," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 27(2), pages 167-183, April.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C. F., 1999. "Tenant Turnover, Rental Contracts, and Self-Selection," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 301-311, December.
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Nothaft, Frank E., 2001.
"Rental Housing Markets, the Incidence and Duration of Vacancy, and the Natural Vacancy Rate,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 121-149, January.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Frank E. Nothaft, 1999. "Rental Housing Markets, the Incidence and Duration of Vacancy, and the Natural Vacancy Rate," Working Paper 8668, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- John D. Benjamin & James D. Shilling & C. F. Sirmans, 1992. "Security Deposits, Adverse Selection and Office Leases," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 259-272.
- Hubert, Franz, 1995. "Contracting with costly tenants," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 631-654, October.
- John D. Benjamin & Glenn W. Boyle & C. F. Sirmans, 1990. "Retail Leasing: The Determinants of Shopping Center Rents," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 302-312.
- Allen C. Goodman & Masahiro Kawai, 1985. "Length-of-Residence Discounts and Rental Housing Demand: Theory and Evidence," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 93-105.
- Guasch, J. Luis & Marshall, Robert C., 1987. "A theoretical and empirical analysis of the length of residency discount in the rental housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 291-311, November.
- Weinberg, Daniel H. & Friedman, Joseph & Mayo, Stephen K., 1981. "Intraurban residential mobility: The role of transactions costs, market imperfections, and household disequilibrium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 332-348, May.
- Benjamin, John D. & Boyle, Glenn W. & Sirmans, C. F., 1992. "Price discrimination in shopping center leases," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 299-317, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Benjamin Fuchs, 2017.
"The Residency Discount for Rents in Germany and the Tenancy Law Reform Act 2001: Evidence from Quantile Regressions,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 18(2), pages 212-236, May.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Benjamin Fuchs, 2016. "The Residency Discount for Rents in Germany and the Tenancy Law Reform Act 2001: Evidence from Quantile Regressions," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 822, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Fuchs, Benjamin, 2016. "The residency discount for rents in Germany and the Tenancy Law Reform Act 2001: Evidence from quantile regressions," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-012, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Red Larsen, Erling & Sommervoll, Dag Einar, 2009. "The impact on rent from tenant and landlord characteristics and interaction," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 316-322, May.
- Halket, Jonathan R & Pignatti, Matteo, 2012. "Housing tenure choices with private information," Economics Discussion Papers 8961, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Fuchs, Benjamin & Fitzenberger, Bernd, 2013. "Tenancy Law Reform Act and Length of Tenancy Discount: Heterogenous Effects in a West German Household Sample," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79723, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Sommervoll, Dag Einar, 2012. "Discrimination in rental markets: Evidence from Norway," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 121-130.
- Halket, Jonathan & Pignatti Morano di Custoza, Matteo, 2015. "Homeownership and the scarcity of rentals," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 107-123.
- Timothy K.M. Beatty & Dag Einar Sommervoll, 2008. "Discrimination in Europe. Evidence from the Rental Market," Discussion Papers 547, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:12:y:2003:i:1:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.