The role of imperfect surrogate endpoint information in drug approval and reimbursement decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Eckermann & Andrew R. Willan, 2007. "Expected value of information and decision making in HTA," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 195-209, February.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Wesley Yin, 2015.
"Insurers’ Negotiating Leverage and the External Effects of Medicare Part D,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 97(2), pages 314-331, May.
- Darius N. Lakdawalla & Wesley Yin, 2010. "Insurers' Negotiating Leverage and the External Effects of Medicare Part D," NBER Working Papers 16251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley Yin & Darius Lakdawalla, 2011. "Insurers’ Negotiating Leverage and the External Effects of Medicare Part D," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-065, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Patrick Bolton & Mathias Dewatripont, 2005. "Contract Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262025760.
- Jerry R. Green & Suzanne Scotchmer, 1995.
"On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(1), pages 20-33, Spring.
- Green, J.R. & Scotchmer, S., 1993. "On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1638, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Anup Malani & Tomas J. Philipson, 2011. "Can Medical Progress be Sustained? Implications of the Link Between Development and Output Markets," NBER Working Papers 17011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manski Charles F, 2009. "Adaptive Partial Drug Approval: A Health Policy Proposal," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 6(4), pages 1-5, March.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 2015.
"Regulating Ambiguous Risks: The Less than Rational Regulation of Pharmaceuticals,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(S2), pages 387-422.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2014. "Regulating Ambiguous Risks: The Less Than Rational Regulation of Pharmaceuticals," Working Paper Series rwp14-005, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Nordhaus, William D, 1969. "An Economic Theory of Technological Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 18-28, May.
- Louise Longworth & JiHee Youn & Laura Bojke & Stephen Palmer & Susan Griffin & Eldon Spackman & Karl Claxton, 2013. "When Does NICE Recommend the Use of Health Technologies Within a Programme of Evidence Development?," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 137-149, February.
- Carlson, Josh J. & Sullivan, Sean D. & Garrison, Louis P. & Neumann, Peter J. & Veenstra, David L., 2010. "Linking payment to health outcomes: A taxonomy and examination of performance-based reimbursement schemes between healthcare payers and manufacturers," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 179-190, August.
- Lakdawalla, Darius & Sood, Neeraj, 2013. "Health insurance as a two-part pricing contract," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 1-12.
- Claxton, Karl, 1999. "The irrelevance of inference: a decision-making approach to the stochastic evaluation of health care technologies," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 341-364, June.
- Susan Athey, 2002. "Monotone Comparative Statics under Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 187-223.
- Susan C. Griffin & Karl P. Claxton & Stephen J. Palmer & Mark J. Sculpher, 2011. "Dangerous omissions: the consequences of ignoring decision uncertainty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 212-224, February.
- Niezen, Maartje & de Bont, Antoinette & Stolk, Elly & Eyck, Arthur & Niessen, Louis & Stoevelaar, Herman, 2007. "Conditional reimbursement within the Dutch drug policy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 39-50, November.
- Glenn C. Loury, 1979. "Market Structure and Innovation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 395-410.
- Karl Claxton, 1999. "Bayesian approaches to the value of information: implications for the regulation of new pharmaceuticals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 269-274, May.
More about this item
KeywordsSurrogate endpoints; Drug approval; Drug reimbursement;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.