The energy efficiency of local food systems: A comparison between different modes of distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gail Feenstra, 2002. "Creating space for sustainable food systems: Lessons from the field," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 19(2), pages 99-106, June.
- Pretty, J.N. & Ball, A.S. & Lang, T. & Morison, J.I.L., 2005. "Farm costs and food miles: An assessment of the full cost of the UK weekly food basket," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Laura DeLind, 2011. "Are local food and the local food movement taking us where we want to go? Or are we hitching our wagons to the wrong stars?," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(2), pages 273-283, June.
- Matthew Mariola, 2008. "The local industrial complex? Questioning the link between local foods and energy use," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(2), pages 193-196, June.
- Coley, David & Howard, Mark & Winter, Michael, 2009. "Local food, food miles and carbon emissions: A comparison of farm shop and mass distribution approaches," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 150-155, April.
- Corinne Blanquart & Amélie Gonçalves & Ligdwine Vandenbossche & Leila Kebir & Caroline Petit & Jean-Baptiste Traversac, 2010. "The logistic leverages of short food supply chains performance in terms of sustainability," Post-Print hal-00614963, HAL.
- Henk Renting & Terry K Marsden & Jo Banks, 2003. "Understanding alternative food networks: exploring the role of short food supply chains in rural development," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(3), pages 393-411, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marius Chevallier & Julien Dellier & Gaël Plumecocq & Frédéric Richard, 2014.
"Dynamiques et structuration des circuits courts agroalimentaires en Limousin : distance institutionnelle, proximités spatiale et relationnelle,"
Géographie, économie, société,
Lavoisier, vol. 16(3), pages 339-362.
- Marius Chevallier & Julien Dellier & Gaël Plumecocq & Frédéric Richard, 2013. "Dynamiques et structuration des circuits courts agroalimentaires en Limousin : distance institutionnelle, proximités spatiale et relationnelle," Working Papers hal-00921140, HAL.
- Marius Chevallier & Gaël Plumecocq & Frédéric Richard & Julien Dellier, 2013. "Dynamiques et structuration des circuits courts agroalimentaires en Limousin : distance institutionnelle, proximités spatiale et relationnelle," Post-Print hal-00959030, HAL.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:168-:d:126537 is not listed on IDEAS
- Federica Monaco & Ingo Zasada & Dirk Wascher & Matjaž Glavan & Marina Pintar & Ulrich Schmutz & Chiara Mazzocchi & Stefano Corsi & Guido Sali, 2017. "Food Production and Consumption: City Regions between Localism, Agricultural Land Displacement, and Economic Competitiveness," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Alexandra Doernberg & Ingo Zasada & Katarzyna Bruszewska & Björn Skoczowski & Annette Piorr, 2016. "Potentials and Limitations of Regional Organic Food Supply: A Qualitative Analysis of Two Food Chain Types in the Berlin Metropolitan Region," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-20, November.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:69:y:2017:i:c:p:35-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jagris:v:7:y:2017:i:9:p:76-:d:111987 is not listed on IDEAS
- Biancamaria Torquati & Chiara Taglioni & Alessio Cavicchi, 2015. "Evaluating the CO 2 Emission of the Milk Supply Chain in Italy: An Exploratory Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-16, June.
- repec:gam:jagris:v:8:y:2018:i:1:p:6-:d:124942 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hauschildt, Verena & Schulze-Ehlers, Birgit, 2014. "An Empirical Investigation into the Adoption of Green Procurement Practices in the German Food Service Industry," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 17(3).
- Patrick Mundler & Sophie Laughrea, 2015. "Circuits alimentaires de proximité - Quels bénéfices pour le développement des territoires? Étude de cas dans trois territoires québécois," CIRANO Project Reports 2015rp-21, CIRANO.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy efficiency; Local food systems; Food miles; Short sales chains; Food distribution; Sustainable food system;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:6:p:609-615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.