Sins of the Sons of Samuelson: Vision, pedagogy, and the zig-zag windings of complex dynamics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuelson, P. A., 1974. "Remembrances of Frisch," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 7-23, June.
- Hommes, Cars H. & Rosser,, J. Barkley, 2001.
"Consistent Expectations Equilibria And Complex Dynamics In Renewable Resource Markets,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 180-203, April.
- Hommes, C.H. & Rosser, B.J., Jr., 2000. "Consistent Expectations Equilibria and Complex Dynamics in Renewable Resource Markets," CeNDEF Working Papers 00-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Cars H. Hommes & J. Barkley Rosser, 2001. "Consistent Expectations Equilibria and Complex Dynamics in Renewable Resource Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-013/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mantel, Rolf R., 1974. "On the characterization of aggregate excess demand," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 348-353, March.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2006.
"Modern Macroeconomics in Practice: How Theory Is Shaping Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 3-28, Fall.
- Patrick Kehoe & Varadarajan V. Chari, 2006. "Modern Macroeconomics in Practice: How Theory is Shaping Policy," NBER Working Papers 12476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2006. "Modern macroeconomics in practice: how theory is shaping policy," Staff Report 376, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- David Colander, 2007. "Introduction to The Making of an Economist, Redux," Introductory Chapters,in: The Making of an Economist, Redux Princeton University Press.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2009. "The State of Macro," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 209-228, May.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 2008. "Evolution and Intelligent Design," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 5-37, March.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1974. "Excess demand functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 15-21, March.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 1999. "On the Complexities of Complex Economic Dynamics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 169-192, Fall.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 2003. "Uncoupled Dynamics Do Not Lead to Nash Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1830-1836, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- William A. Brock & Cars H. Hommes, 1997. "A Rational Route to Randomness," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1059-1096, September.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1972. "Market Excess Demand Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 549-563, May.
- Saari, Donald G & Simon, Carl P, 1978. "Effective Price Mechanisms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1097-1125, September.
- David Colander, 1995. "The Stories We Tell: A Reconsideration of AS/AD Analysis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 169-188, Summer.
- David Colander, 1995. "Marshallian General Equilibrium Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 281-293, Summer.
- Herbert Gintis, 2007. "The Dynamics of General Equilibrium," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(523), pages 1280-1309, October.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1972. "Maximum Principles in Analytical Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 249-262.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Colander, 2011. "Applied Policy, Welfare Economics, and Mill’s Half-Truths," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Recent Economic Methodology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsVision Complex dynamics Stability Economic pedagogy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:74:y:2010:i:3:p:277-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .