Capital as a layer cake: A systems approach to capital and its multi-level structure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avi J. Cohen, 2003. "Retrospectives: Whatever Happened to the Cambridge Capital Theory Controversies?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 199-214.
- John Foster, 2005. "From simplistic to complex systems in economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 873-892, November.
- Kenneth E. Boulding, 1956. "General Systems Theory--The Skeleton of Science," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 197-208.
- Kirsten Foss & Nicolai J. Foss & Peter G. Klein & Sandra K. Klein, 2007. "The Entrepreneurial Organization of Heterogeneous Capital," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(7), pages 1165-1186, November.
- E. Böhm-Bawerk, 1907. "Capital and Interest Once More: II. A Relapse to the Productivity Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 247-282.
- Hicks, John R, 1974. "Capital Controversies: Ancient and Modern," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 307-316.
- Potts, Jason & Foster, John & Straton, Anna, 2010. "An entrepreneurial model of economic and environmental co-evolution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 375-383.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:40:y:2006:i:4:p:1069-1091 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lewis, Paul & Runde, Jochen, 2007. "Subjectivism, social structure and the possibility of socio-economic order: The case of Ludwig Lachmann," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, pages 167-186.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony M. Endres & David A. Harper, 2012. "The kinetics of capital formation and economic organisation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(4), pages 963-980.
- Harper, David A. & Endres, Anthony M., 2012.
"The anatomy of emergence, with a focus upon capital formation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, pages 352-367.
- Paul Frijters & Tony Beatton, 2008. "The mystery of the U-shaped relationship between happiness and age," NCER Working Paper Series 26, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Rosser, J. Barkley, 2012. "Emergence and complexity in Austrian economics," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, pages 122-128.
- Anthony Endres, 2013. "Is the economics of time and ignorance a “classic”?," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 17-25, March.
- Ehret, Michael, 2014. "Financial socialism: The role of financial economics in economic disorganization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2686-2692.
- Peter Lewin, 2014. "Hayek and Lachmann," Chapters,in: Elgar Companion to Hayekian Economics, chapter 8, pages 165-194 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- David Harper, 2014. "Property rights as a complex adaptive system: how entrepreneurship transforms intellectual property structures," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, pages 335-355.
More about this item
KeywordsB25 B41 B53 D24 E22 L23 Capital Lachmann Menger Complementarity Production Systems Ontology;
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:74:y:2010:i:1-2:p:30-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.