Accounting and the Birth of the Notion of Capitalism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hicks, John R, 1974. "Capital Controversies: Ancient and Modern," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 307-316, May.
- Anthony Hopwood, 1992. "Accounting calculation and the shifting sphere of the economic," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 125-143.
More about this item
Keywordscapitalism; accounting; Karl Marx; Werner Sombart;
- B24 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist; Scraffian
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2003-11-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2003-11-03 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2003-11-03 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0786. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antoine Haldemann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hecpafr.html .