Pasinetti versus Rebelo: Two different models or just one?
Pasinetti's [Pasinetti, L.L., 1960. A mathematical formulation of the Ricardian system. Review of Economic Studies 27, 78-98] model formalizing Ricardian growth theory and one of the simplest models developed within the 'new' growth theory [Rebelo, S., 1991. Long run policy analysis and long run growth. Journal of Political Economy 99, 500-521] are shown to share the same structure. This enforces the thesis according to which many endogenous growth models have a 'Classical' flavour. The main difference from Pasinetti's to Rebelo's framework may be interpreted as reflecting the change in the consumption pattern of workers from early to late industrial societies.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles I. Jones, 1995. "Time Series Tests of Endogenous Growth Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 495-525.
- Felbermayr Gabriel J & Licandro Omar, 2005.
"The Underestimated Virtues of the Two-sector AK Model,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Gabriel J. Felbermayr & Omar Licandro, "undated". "The underestimated virtues of the two-sector AK model," Working Papers 2003-13, FEDEA.
- Gabriel J. FELBERMAYR & Omar LICANDRO, 2002. "The Under-Estimated Virtues of the Two-Sector AK Model," Economics Working Papers ECO2002/27, European University Institute.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Omar Licandro, 2003. "The underestimated virtues of the two-sector AK model," Economics working papers 2003-15, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Morishima, M, 1996. "Morishima on Ricardo: Two Replies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 91-109, January.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997. "Theory of Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676, August.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1995. "Theory of Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521443258, August.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991. "Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Sergio T. Rebelo, 1990. "Long Run Policy Analysis and Long Run Growth," NBER Working Papers 3325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergio Rebelo, 1999. "Long Run Policy Analysis and Long Run Growth," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2114, David K. Levine.
- Kurz, Heinz D & Salvadori, Neri, 1998. "Morishima on Ricardo: A Rejoinder," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 227-239, March.
- Kurz, Heinz D & Salvadori, Neri, 1992. "Morishima on Ricardo: Review Article," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 227-247, June.
- Neri Salvadori, 1998. "A Linear Multisector Model of “Endogenous” Growth and the Problem of Capital," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 319-335, October.
- Hahn, F H, 1975. "Revival of Political Economy: The Wrong Issues and the Wrong Argument," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 51(135), pages 360-364, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)