Pasinetti versus Rebelo: Two different models or just one?
Pasinetti's [Pasinetti, L.L., 1960. A mathematical formulation of the Ricardian system. Review of Economic Studies 27, 78-98] model formalizing Ricardian growth theory and one of the simplest models developed within the 'new' growth theory [Rebelo, S., 1991. Long run policy analysis and long run growth. Journal of Political Economy 99, 500-521] are shown to share the same structure. This enforces the thesis according to which many endogenous growth models have a 'Classical' flavour. The main difference from Pasinetti's to Rebelo's framework may be interpreted as reflecting the change in the consumption pattern of workers from early to late industrial societies.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurz, Heinz D & Salvadori, Neri, 1992. "Morishima on Ricardo: Review Article," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 227-247, June.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991.
"Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997.
"Theory of Production,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676, December.
- Gabriel J. Felbermayr & Omar Licandro, "undated".
"The underestimated virtues of the two-sector AK model,"
- Felbermayr Gabriel J & Licandro Omar, 2005. "The Underestimated Virtues of the Two-sector AK Model," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Gabriel J. FELBERMAYR & Omar LICANDRO, 2002. "The Under-Estimated Virtues of the Two-Sector AK Model," Economics Working Papers ECO2002/27, European University Institute.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Omar Licandro, 2003. "The underestimated virtues of the two-sector AK model," Economics working papers 2003-15, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Hahn, F H, 1975. "Revival of Political Economy: The Wrong Issues and the Wrong Argument," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 51(135), pages 360-364, September.
- Neri Salvadori, 1998. "A Linear Multisector Model of “Endogenous” Growth and the Problem of Capital," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 319-335, October.
- Kurz, Heinz D & Salvadori, Neri, 1998. "Morishima on Ricardo: A Rejoinder," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 227-239, March.
- Morishima, M, 1996. "Morishima on Ricardo: Two Replies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 91-109, January.
- Charles I. Jones, 1995. "Time Series Tests of Endogenous Growth Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 495-525.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:65:y:2008:i:3-4:p:547-554. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.