Samaritan versus rotten kid: Another look
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lindbeck, Assar & Weibull, Jorgen W, 1988. "Altruism and Time Consistency: The Economics of Fait Accompli," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(6), pages 1165-1182, December.
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Bruce, Neil & Waldman, Michael, 1991.
"Transfers in Kind: Why They Can Be Efficient and Nonpaternalistic,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1345-1351, December.
- Neil Bruce & Michael Waldman, 1988. "Transfers in Kind: Why They Can Be Efficient and Non-Paternalistic," UCLA Economics Working Papers 532, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Coate, Stephen, 1995. "Altruism, the Samaritan's Dilemma, and Government Transfer Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 46-57, March.
- Schmidtchen, Dieter, 1999. "To Help or not to Help: The Samaritan's Dilemma Revisited," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 99-09, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 151-182, July.
- Ritsuko Futagami & Kimiyoshi Kamada & Takashi Sato, 2004. "Government Transfers and the Samaritan's Dilemma in the Family," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 118(1_2), pages 77-86, January.
- Richard C. Cornes & Emilson C. D. Silva, 1999.
"Rotten Kids, Purity, and Perfection,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 1034-1040, October.
- Richard C. Cornes & Emilson C.D. Silva, 1997. "Rotten Kids, Purity and Perfection," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 97/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- repec:cdl:ucsbec:09-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wirl, Franz, 1999. "Paternalistic principals," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 403-419, April.
- Becker, Gary S, 1976. "Altruism, Egoism, and Genetic Fitness: Economics and Sociobiology," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 817-826, September.
- Lord, William & Rangazas, Peter, 1995. "Uncertainty, Altruism, and Savings: Precautionary Savings Meets the Samaritan's Dilemma," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 50(3), pages 404-419.
- Michael Munger, 2000.
"Five Questions: An Integrated Research Agenda for Public Choice,"
Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 1-12, April.
- Munger, Michael C, 2000. "Five Questions: An Integrated Research Agenda for Public Choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(1-2), pages 1-12, April.
- Henrich, Joseph, 2004. "Cultural group selection, coevolutionary processes and large-scale cooperation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 3-35, January.
- Cubitt, Robin P., 1993. "Economic policy precommitment and social welfare," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 455-455, March.
- Johan Lagerl–f, 2004.
"Efficiency-enhancing signalling in the Samaritan's dilemma,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(492), pages 55-69, January.
- Johan Lagerlof, 2002. "Efficiency-Enhancing Signalling in the Samaritan's Dilemma," Microeconomics 0207001, EconWPA.
- Lagerlöf, Johan N. M., 2003. "Efficiency-Enhancing Signalling in the Samaritan's Dilemma," CEPR Discussion Papers 3842, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
- Monderer, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1996. "Potential Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 124-143, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breuillé, Marie-Laure & Madiès, Thierry & Taugourdeau, Emmanuelle, 2010.
"Gross versus net equalization scheme in a federation with decentralized leadership,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 205-214, September.
- Marie-Laure Breuillé & Thierry Madies & Emmanuelle Taugourdeau, 2010. "Gross versus net equalization scheme in a federation with decentralized leadership," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00618721, HAL.
- Elisabeth Gugl & Justin Leroux, 2015. "The Rotten Kid Theorem and Almost Transferable Utility," CESifo Working Paper Series 5642, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:64:y:2007:i:1:p:91-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.