Asset stripping and firm survival in mass privatization: Testing the Hoff-Stiglitz and Campos-Giovannoni models in Montenegro
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Janez Prasnikar & Jan Svejnar, 1991. "Workers' Participation in Management vs. Social Ownership and Government Policies: Yugoslav Lessons for Transforming Socialist Economies*," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 33(4), pages 27-45, December.
- Polona Domadenik & Janez Prašnikar & Jan Svejnar, 2008. "Restructuring of firms in transition: ownership, institutions and openness to trade," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(4), pages 725-746, June.
- MatjaÅ¾ Koman & Ljubica KneÅ¾eviÄ Cvelbar & AnÃ°elko Lojpur & Janez PraÅ¡nikar, 2011. "Effects of Ownership and Management Changes on Productivity in Privatized Montenegrin Firms," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 5-25, May.
- Simeon Djankov & Peter Murrell, 2002.
"Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 739-792, September.
- Djankov, Simeon & Murrell, Peter, 2002. "Enterprise Restructuring in Transition: A Quantitative Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 3319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2004.
"After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the Emergence of the Rule of Law in Post-Communist Societies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 753-763, June.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the Emergence of the Rule of Law in Post-Communist Societies," NBER Working Papers 9282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2002. "After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the emergence of the rule of law in post-communist societies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2934, The World Bank.
- Božidar Cerović & Radmila Mitrović, 2007. "Privatisation Effects: Some Evidence from Serbia," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 14(3), pages 469-487, December.
- Alan Bevan & Saul Estrin & Mark E. Schaffer, 1999. "Determinants of Enterprise Performance during Transition," CERT Discussion Papers 9903, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Campos, Nauro F & Giovannoni, Francesco, 2006.
"The Determinants of Asset Stripping: Theory and Evidence from the Transition Economies,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 681-706, October.
- Campos, Nauro F & Giovannoni, Francesco, 2005. "The Determinants of Asset Stripping: Theory and Evidence from the Transition Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 1867, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Campos, Nauro F & Giovannoni, Francesco, 2005. "The Determinants of Asset Stripping: Theory and Evidence from the Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 5215, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nauro F. Campos & Francesco Giovannoni, 2005. "The Determinants of Asset Stripping: Theory and Evidence From the Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp786, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2008. "Exiting a Lawless State," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(531), pages 1474-1497, August.
- Shirley, Mary & Walsh, Patrick, 2000. "Public versus private ownership : the current state of the debate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2420, The World Bank.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2004. "The transition from communism : a diagrammatic exposition of obstacles to the demand for the rule of law," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3352, The World Bank.
- Saul Estrin & Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda & Jan Svejnar, 2009.
"The Effects of Privatization and Ownership in Transition Economies,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(3), pages 699-728, September.
- Estrin, Saul & Hanousek, Jan & Kocenda, Evzen & Svejnar, Jan, 2009. "Effects of privatization and ownership in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4811, The World Bank.
- Gupta, Nandini & Ham, Jhon C. & Svejnar, Jan, 2008. "Priorities and sequencing in privatization: Evidence from Czech firm panel data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 183-208, February.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Bole, Velimir & Prašnikar, Janez & Trobec, Domen, 2014. "Policy measures in the deleveraging process: A macroprudential evaluation," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 410-432.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset stripping; Mass privatization; Firm survival; Selection bias;
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- P24 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - National Income, Product, and Expenditure; Money; Inflation
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:43:y:2015:i:2:p:274-289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.