Is anticipation delicious? Visceral factors as mediators of the effect of olfactory cues on purchase intentions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Loewenstein, George, 1996. "Out of Control: Visceral Influences on Behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 272-292, March.
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. " Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- Morrin, Maureen & Ratneshwar, S., 2000. "The Impact of Ambient Scent on Evaluation, Attention, and Memory for Familiar and Unfamiliar Brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 157-165, August.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:89:y:2013:i:1:p:30-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aradhna Krishna & May O. Lwin & Maureen Morrin, 2010. "Product Scent and Memory," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 57-67, June.
- Xinshu Zhao & John G. Lynch & Qimei Chen, 2010. "Reconsidering Baron and Kenny: Myths and Truths about Mediation Analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(2), pages 197-206, August.
- Kelly Geyskens & Siegfried Dewitte & Mario Pandelaere & Luk Warlop, 2008. "Tempt Me Just a Little Bit More: The Effect of Prior Food Temptation Actionability on Goal Activation and Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 600-610, August.
- Chebat, Jean-Charles & Michon, Richard, 2003. "Impact of ambient odors on mall shoppers' emotions, cognition, and spending: A test of competitive causal theories," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 529-539, July.
- Ryan S. Elder & Aradhna Krishna, 2010. "The Effects of Advertising Copy on Sensory Thoughts and Perceived Taste," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(5), pages 748-756, February.
- Belk, Russell W & Ger, Guliz & Askegaard, Soren, 2003. " The Fire of Desire: A Multisited Inquiry into Consumer Passion," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(3), pages 326-351, December.
- JoAndrea Hoegg & Joseph W. Alba, 2007. "Taste Perception: More than Meets the Tongue," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 490-498, December.
More about this item
KeywordsOlfactory sensations; Visceral factors; Appetitive motivational drive states; Taste anticipation; Expected pleasure; Taste enjoyment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:67:y:2014:i:9:p:2045-2051. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.