Antecedents and consequences of management-espoused organizational cultural control
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fisher, Robert J, 1993. " Social Desirability Bias and the Validity of Indirect Questioning," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 303-315, September.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Patrice Rosenthal & Stephen Hill & Riccardo Peccei, 1997. "Checking Out Service: Evaluating Excellence, HRM and TQM in Retailing," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 11(3), pages 481-503, September.
- Christopher Grey, 1996. "Towards A Critique of Managerialism: the Contribution of Simone Weil," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(5), pages 591-612, September.
- Emmanuel Ogbonna & Barry Wilkinson, 2003. "The False Promise of Organizational Culture Change: A Case Study of Middle Managers in Grocery Retailing," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(5), pages 1151-1178, July.
- Kenneth A. Bollen, 1989. "A New Incremental Fit Index for General Structural Equation Models," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 17(3), pages 303-316, February.
- Oliver, Richard L & Bearden, William O, 1985. " Crossover Effects in the Theory of Reasoned Action: A Moderating Influence Attempt," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 324-340, December.
- Mats Alvesson, 2002. "Identity Regulation as Organizational Control: Producing the Appropriate Individual," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 619-644, July.
- P. M. Bentler & Chih-Ping Chou, 1987. "Practical Issues in Structural Modeling," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 16(1), pages 78-117, August.
- Gideon Kunda, 1995. "Engineering Culture: Control and Commitment in a High-Tech Corporation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(2), pages 228-230, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul, Michael & Hennig-Thurau, Thorsten & Groth, Markus, 2015. "Tightening or loosening the “iron cage”? The impact of formal and informal display controls on service customers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 1062-1073.
- del Mar Benavides-Espinosa, María & Ribeiro-Soriano, Domingo, 2014. "Cooperative learning in creating and managing joint ventures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 648-655.
- Lena Zander & Karsten Jonsen & Audra I. Mockaitis, 2016. "Leveraging Values in Global Organizations: Premises, Paradoxes and Progress," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 149-169, April.
More about this item
KeywordsManagement-espoused cultural control Control Survey method Service workers Structural equation modeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:5:p:437-445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.