How e-WOM recommendations influence product consideration and quality of choice: A motivation to process information perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosen, Dennis L & Olshavsky, Richard W, 1987. " A Protocol Analysis of Brand Choice Strategies Involving Recommendations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 440-444, December.
- Senecal, Sylvain & Kalczynski, Pawel J. & Nantel, Jacques, 2005. "Consumers' decision-making process and their online shopping behavior: a clickstream analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(11), pages 1599-1608, November.
- Dellarocas, Chrysanthos, 2003. "The Digitization of Word-of-mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Working papers 4296-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Bone, Paula Fitzgerald, 1995. "Word-of-mouth effects on short-term and long-term product judgments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 213-223, March.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & McAlister, Leigh & Hoyer, Wayne D, 1990. " Promotion Signal: Proxy for a Price Cut?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 74-81, June.
- Brown, Jacqueline Johnson & Reingen, Peter H, 1987. " Social Ties and Word-of-Mouth Referral Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(3), pages 350-362, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahat Ullah & Wonjoon Kim & Naveen C. Amblee & Hyunjong Lee & Alice Oh, 2014. "Do Emotions Matter? Exploring The Distribution Of Emotions In Online Product Reviews," Working papers 156, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- Tugay Arat, 2016. "The Role of Social Media in Tourism," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 3306093, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:spr:elcore:v:17:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10660-016-9234-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bin Guo & Shasha Zhou, 0. "What makes population perception of review helpfulness: an information processing perspective," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
- repec:eee:touman:v:34:y:2013:i:c:p:196-201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hu, Nan & Liu, Ling & Tripathy, Arindam & Yao, Lee J., 2011. "Value relevance of blog visibility," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1361-1368.
- Ronald L. Hess & Lawrence Ring, 2016. "The influence of the source and valence of word-of-mouth information on post-failure and post-recovery evaluations," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 10(2), pages 319-343, June.
- Carlos Orús & Raquel Gurrea & Carlos Flavián, 0. "Facilitating imaginations through online product presentation videos: effects on imagery fluency, product attitude and purchase intention," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-40.
- Filieri, Raffaele, 2015. "What makes online reviews helpful? A diagnosticity-adoption framework to explain informational and normative influences in e-WOM," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1261-1270.
- Ranaweera, Chatura & Jayawardhena, Chanaka, 2014. "Talk up or criticize? Customer responses to WOM about competitors during social interactions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2645-2656.
- Park, Sangwon & Nicolau, Juan L., 2015. "Asymmetric effects of online consumer reviews," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 67-83.
- Melinda Majláth, 2016. "Difference among Personality Types in Comment-Writing Behaviour," Volume of Management, Enterprise and Benchmarking in the 21st century III, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Claire Roederer & Marc Filser, 2011. "e-voicing an opinion on a brand," Post-Print hal-00600695, HAL.
- repec:eee:touman:v:47:y:2015:i:c:p:140-151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Jie & Teng, Lefa & Yu, Ying & Yu, Xueer, 2016. "The effect of online information sources on purchase intentions between consumers with high and low susceptibility to informational influence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 467-475.
- repec:spr:elcore:v:17:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10660-016-9250-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsElectronic word-of-mouth Consumer recommendations Internet buyer behavior Online decision making Choice quality Choice optimality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:63:y::i:9-10:p:1041-1049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.