Identity salience and shifts in product preferences of Hispanic consumers: Cultural relevance of product attributes as a moderator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deshpande, Rohit & Hoyer, Wayne D & Donthu, Naveen, 1986. " The Intensity of Ethnic Affiliation: A Study of the Sociology of Hispanic Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 214-220, September.
- Mehta, Raj & Belk, Russell W, 1991. " Artifacts, Identity, and Transition: Favorite Possessions of Indians and Indian Immigrants to the United States," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 398-411, March.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. " The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-140, September.
- Solomon, Michael R, 1983. " The Role of Products as Social Stimuli: A Symbolic Interactionism Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 319-329, December.
- Stayman, Douglas M & Deshpande, Rohit, 1989. " Situational Ethnicity and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 361-371, December.
- Oswald, Laura R, 1999. " Culture Swapping: Consumption and the Ethnogenesis of Middle-Class Haitian Immigrants," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(4), pages 303-318, March.
- Aaker, Jennifer & Benet-Martinez, Veronica & Garolera, Jordi, 2001. "Consumption Symbols as Carriers of Culture: A Study of Japanese and Spanish Brand Personality Constructs," Research Papers 1668r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aguirre-Rodriguez, Alexandra & Bóveda-Lambie, Adriana M. & Montoya, Detra Y., 2014. "Exploring ethnic consumer response to crossover brand extensions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 457-463.
- Cappellini, Benedetta & Yen, Dorothy Ai-wan, 2013. "Little Emperors in the UK: Acculturation and food over time," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 968-974.
- Kipnis, Eva & Broderick, Amanda J. & Demangeot, Catherine & Adkins, Natalie Ross & Ferguson, Nakeisha S. & Henderson, Geraldine Rosa & Johnson, Guillaume & Mandiberg, James M. & Mueller, Rene Dentiste, 2013.
"Branding beyond prejudice: Navigating multicultural marketplaces for consumer well-being,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1186-1194.
- Eva Kipnis & Amanda J. Broderick & Catherine Demangeot & Natalie Ross Adkins & Nakeisha S. Ferguson & Geraldine Rosa Henderson & Guillaume Johnson & James M. Mandiberg & Rene Dentiste Mueller & Chris , 2013. "Branding beyond prejudice: Navigating multicultural marketplaces for consumer well-being," Post-Print hal-01346704, HAL.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:82:y:2018:i:c:p:320-329 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bartikowski, Boris & Walsh, Gianfranco, 2015. "Attitude toward cultural diversity: A test of identity-related antecedents and purchasing consequences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 526-533.
- Touchstone, Ellen E. & Koslow, Scott & Shamdasani, Prem N. & D'Alessandro, Steven, 2017. "The linguistic servicescape: Speaking their language may not be enough," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 147-157.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:21:y:2014:i:3:p:277-283 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Defeng & Lu, Yue & Zhu, Wenting & Su, Chenting, 2015. "Going green: How different advertising appeals impact green consumption behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2663-2675.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:30:y:2013:i:4:p:426-428 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCultural relevance Identity Salience Acculturation Hispanic;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:62:y:2009:i:8:p:826-833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.