An empirical examination of the informational content of credit ratings in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Doron Kliger & Oded Sarig, 2000.
"The Information Value of Bond Ratings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2879-2902, December.
- Doron Kliger & Oded Sarig, "undated". "The Information Value of Bond Ratings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 13-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Leftwich, Richard W., 1986. "The effect of bond rating changes on common stock prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 57-89, September.
- Goh, Jeremy C & Ederington, Louis H, 1993. " Is a Bond Rating Downgrade Bad News, Good News, or No News for Stockholders?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 2001-2008, December.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Beaver, William H. & Shakespeare, Catherine & Soliman, Mark T., 2006. "Differential properties in the ratings of certified versus non-certified bond-rating agencies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 303-334, December.
- Nayar, Nandkumar & Rozeff, Michael S, 1994. " Ratings, Commercial Paper, and Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1431-1449, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Poon, Winnie P.H. & Chan, Kam C. & Firth, Michael A., 2013. "Does having a credit rating leave less money on the table when raising capital? A study of credit ratings and seasoned equity offerings in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 88-106.
- María Concepción Verona Martel & José Juan Déniz Mayor, 2011. "Las agencias de rating y la crisis fi nanciera de 2008: ¿El fi n de un poder sin control?," REVISTA CRITERIO LIBRE, UNIVERSIDAD LIBRE - SEDE PRINCIPAL, June.
- Afik, Zvika & Feinstein, Itai & Galil, Koresh, 2014. "The (un)informative value of credit rating announcements in small markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 66-80.
- Korkeamäki, Timo & Pöyry, Salla & Suo, Maiju, 2014. "Credit ratings and information asymmetry on the Chinese syndicated loan market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-16.
- ManYing Kang & Marcel Ausloos, 2017. "An Inverse Problem Study: Credit Risk Ratings as a Determinant of Corporate Governance and Capital Structure in Emerging Markets: Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies," Papers 1712.00602, arXiv.org.
- Flávia Cruz de Souza Murcia & Fernando Dal-Ri Murcia & José Alonso Borba, 2013. "The Informational Content of Credit Ratings in Brazil: An Event Study," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 11(4), pages 503-526.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:216-232 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:61:y:2008:i:7:p:790-797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.