Does coercion drive firms to adopt 'voluntary' green initiatives? Relationships among coercion, superior firm resources, and voluntary green initiatives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Sharfman, Mark & Ellington, Rex T. & Meo, Mark, 1997. "The next step in becoming "green": Life-cycle oriented environmental management," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 13-22.
- Twan Huybers & Jeff Bennett, 2003.
"Environmental Management and the Competitiveness of Nature-Based Tourism Destinations,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(3), pages 213-233, March.
- Twan Huybers & Jeff Bennett, 2002. "Environmental Management and the Competitiveness of Nature-Based Tourism Destinations," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2606, April.
- Russell W. Coff, 1999. "When Competitive Advantage Doesn't Lead to Performance: The Resource-Based View and Stakeholder Bargaining Power," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 119-133, April.
- William Q. Judge, 1998. "Performance Implications of Incorporating Natural Environmental Issues into the Strategic Planning Process: An Empirical Assessment," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 241-262, March.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1993. "Knowledge of the Firm and the Evolutionary Theory of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(4), pages 625-645, December.
- Stephen Fineman, 1996. "Green Stakeholders: Industry Interpretations And Response," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(6), pages 715-730, November.
- Glen Dowell & Stuart Hart & Bernard Yeung, 2000. "Do Corporate Global Environmental Standards Create or Destroy Market Value?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1059-1074, August.
- Rugman, Alan M. & Verbeke, Alain, 2000. "Six cases of corporate strategic responses to environmental regulation," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 377-385, August.
- Mathur, Lynette Knowles & Mathur, Ike, 2000. "An Analysis of the Wealth Effects of Green Marketing Strategies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 193-200, November.
- Fuller, Dan A. & Scammon, Debra L., 2000. "Antitrust Concerns About Evolving Vertical Relationships in Health Care," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 227-232, June.
- Hakansson, Hakan & Waluszewski, Alexandra, 2002. "Path dependence: restricting or facilitating technical development?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(7), pages 561-570, July.
- J Videras & A Alberini, 2000. "The appeal of voluntary environmental programs: which firms participate and why?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(4), pages 449-460, October.
- Kilbourne, William E. & Beckmann, Suzanne C. & Thelen, Eva, 2002. "The role of the dominant social paradigm in environmental attitudes: a multinational examination," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 193-204, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adrian SOLOMON & Panagiotis KETIKIDIS & Felicia SIAVALAS, 2017. "Institutional Co-Creation Interfaces for Innovation Diffusion during Disaster Management," Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy Journal, College of Management, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, vol. 5(1), pages 77-95, March.
- Tingey-Holyoak, Joanne, 2014. "Sustainable water storage by agricultural businesses: Strategic responses to institutional pressures," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2590-2602.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:131-139 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2828-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kalim Shah, 2011. "Strategic organizational drivers of corporate environmental responsibility in the Caribbean hotel industry," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 44(4), pages 321-344, November.
- Dubey, Rameshwar & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Samar Ali, Sadia, 2015. "Exploring the relationship between leadership, operational practices, institutional pressures and environmental performance: A framework for green supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 120-132.
- Chung, Leanne & Lo, Carlos Wing-Hung & Li, Pansy Hon Ying, 2016. "The interaction effects of institutional constraints on managerial intentions and sustainable performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PB), pages 374-383.
- Canning, Mary & O’Dwyer, Brendan, 2013. "The dynamics of a regulatory space realignment: Strategic responses in a local context," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 169-194.
- Olga Goncalves & Elisabeth Robinot & Hélène Michel, 2015. "Does It Pay to Be Green? The Case of French Ski Resorts," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01591790, HAL.
- Jamal Baz & Issam Laguir & Magalie Marais & Raffaele Staglianò, 2016. "Influence of National Institutions on the Corporate Social Responsibility Practices of Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises in the Food-processing Industry: Differences Between France and Morocco," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 117-133, March.
- Gliedt, Travis & Hoicka, Christina E., 2015. "Energy upgrades as financial or strategic investment? Energy Star property owners and managers improving building energy performance," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 430-443.
- Kalim Shah & Jorge Rivera, 2013. "Do industry associations influence corporate environmentalism in developing countries? Evidence from Trinidad and Tobago," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 46(1), pages 39-62, March.
- Korrakot Yaibuathet Tippayawong & Natananot Niyomyat & Apichat Sopadang & Sakgasem Ramingwong, 2016. "Factors Affecting Green Supply Chain Operational Performance of the Thai Auto Parts Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-9, November.
- Wu, Guo-Ciang & Ding, Jyh-Hong & Chen, Ping-Shun, 2012. "The effects of GSCM drivers and institutional pressures on GSCM practices in Taiwan’s textile and apparel industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 618-636.
- Ramirez, Edward, 2013. "Consumer-defined sustainably-oriented firms and factors influencing adoption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2202-2209.
- Eshani Beddewela & Jenny Fairbrass, 2016. "Seeking Legitimacy Through CSR: Institutional Pressures and Corporate Responses of Multinationals in Sri Lanka," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 503-522, July.
- Chien, Chin-Chen & Peng, Chih-Wei, 2012. "Does going green pay off in the long run?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1636-1642.
- Sarkis, Joseph & Zhu, Qinghua & Lai, Kee-hung, 2011. "An organizational theoretic review of green supply chain management literature," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 1-15, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:59:y:2006:i:4:p:483-491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .