The impact of the number of scale points, dispositional factors, and the status quo decision heuristic on scale reliability and response accuracy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Viswanathan, Madhubalan & Sudman, Seymour & Johnson, Michael, 2004. "Maximum versus meaningful discrimination in scale response:: Implications for validity of measurement of consumer perceptions about products," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 108-124, February.
- Swait, Joffre & Adamowicz, Wiktor, 2001. "The Influence of Task Complexity on Consumer Choice: A Latent Class Model of Decision Strategy Switching," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 135-148, June.
- C. Vale & Vincent Maurelli, 1983. "Simulating multivariate nonnormal distributions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 465-471, September.
- Cote, Joseph A & Buckley, M Ronald, 1988. "Measurement Error and Theory Testing in Consumer Research: An Illustration of the Importance of Construct Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 579-582, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcella Corduas & Alfonso Piscitelli, 2017. "Modeling university student satisfaction: the case of the humanities and social studies degree programs," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 617-628, March.
- Weijters, Bert & Cabooter, Elke & Schillewaert, Niels, 2010. "The effect of rating scale format on response styles: The number of response categories and response category labels," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 236-247.
- Cabooter, Elke & Weijters, Bert & Geuens, Maggie & Vermeir, Iris, 2016. "Scale format effects on response option interpretation and use," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 2574-2584.
- Jean Richard Jokhu & Rofikoh Rokhim1 & Riani Rachmawati1 & Mohammad Hamsal, 2019. "Strategic Decision Process in SME’s Context: A New Perspective Using Indigenous, Institution, Firm, and Environment Characteristics," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(4), pages 68-83.
- Elke Cabooter & Bert Weijters & Alain Beuckelaer & Eldad Davidov, 2017. "Is extreme response style domain specific? Findings from two studies in four countries," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(6), pages 2605-2622, November.
- de Jong, M.G., 2006. "Response bias in international marketing research," Other publications TiSEM 5d4031be-97b5-4db3-962b-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Diana, Marco, 2008. "Making the "primary utility of travel" concept operational: A measurement model for the assessment of the intrinsic utility of reported trips," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 455-474, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Doherty, Edel & Campbell, Danny, 2011. "Demand for improved food safety and quality: a cross-regional comparison," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108791, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Goedde-Menke, Michael & Langer, Thomas & Pfingsten, Andreas, 2014. "Impact of the financial crisis on bank run risk – Danger of the days after," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 522-533.
- Meißner, Martin & Oppewal, Harmen & Huber, Joel, 2020. "Surprising adaptivity to set size changes in multi-attribute repeated choice tasks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 163-175.
- Chavez, Daniel & Palma, Marco, 2015. "Off the reservation: Pushing the bounds of rationality in experimental auctions," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 202164, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Erlend Dancke Sandorf & Danny Campbell, 2019.
"Accommodating satisficing behaviour in stated choice experiments,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 133-162.
- Sandorf, Erlend Dancke & Campbell, Danny, 2016. "Accommodating satisficing behavior in stated choice experiments," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235905, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ali Ardeshiri & Spring Sampson & Joffre Swait, 2019. "Seasonality Effects on Consumers Preferences Over Quality Attributes of Different Beef Products," Papers 1902.02419, arXiv.org.
- Headrick, Todd C. & Sheng, Yanyan & Hodis, Flaviu-Adrian, 2007. "Numerical Computing and Graphics for the Power Method Transformation Using Mathematica," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 19(i03).
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Yamagata, Takashi, 2012. "Testing CAPM with a Large Number of Assets," IZA Discussion Papers 6469, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gökçe Esenduran & James A. Hill & In Joon Noh, 2020. "Understanding the Choice of Online Resale Channel for Used Electronics," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 29(5), pages 1188-1211, May.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Raun Mørkbak, Morten & Bøye Olsen, Søren, 2010. "The first time is the hardest: A test of ordering effects in choice experiments," Working Papers in Economics 470, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Emmanouil Mentzakis & Mandy Ryan & Paul McNamee, 2011. "Using discrete choice experiments to value informal care tasks: exploring preference heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(8), pages 930-944, August.
- Shao, Wei & Lye, Ashley & Rundle-Thiele, Sharyn, 2009. "Different strokes for different folks: A method to accommodate decision -making heterogeneity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 495-501.
- Wang, Stephen W. & Hsu, Maxwell K., 2016. "Airline co-branded credit cardsâ€”An application of the theory of planned behavior," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 245-254.
- Max Auerswald & Morten Moshagen, 2015. "Generating Correlated, Non-normally Distributed Data Using a Non-linear Structural Model," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 80(4), pages 920-937, December.
- Mohan D. Pant & Todd C. Headrick, 2017. "Simulating Uniform- and Triangular- Based Double Power Method Distributions," Journal of Statistical and Econometric Methods, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 1-1.
- Mahul, Olivier, 2002. "Hedging Price Risk in the Presence of Crop Yield and Revenue Insurance," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24881, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Naspetti, Simona & Zanoli, Raffaele, 2011. "Communicating Ethical Arguments to Organic Consumers: A Study Across Five European Countries," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2(3), pages 1-21, December.
- Mamine, Fateh & Fares, M'hand & Minviel, Jean Joseph, 2020. "Contract Design for Adoption of Agrienvironmental Practices: A Meta-analysis of Discrete Choice Experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Fengchun Tang, 2020. "The more interactivity the better? Investigating interactivity, task complexity, and product knowledge in online purchase decisions," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 179-189, September.
- Ari Pramono & Harmen Oppewal, 2021. "Where to Refuel: Modeling On-the-way Choice of Convenience Outlet," Papers 2104.14043, arXiv.org.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:58:y:2005:i:11:p:1516-1524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.