E-retailing versus physical retailing: A theoretical model and empirical test of consumer choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sherry, John Jr. & McGrath, Mary Ann & Levy, Sidney J., 1993. "The dark side of the gift," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 225-244, November.
- Hirschman, Elizabeth C., 1984. "Experience seeking: A subjectivist perspective of consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 115-136, March.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy, 1984. "Market Segmentation, Self-Selection, and Product Line Design," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 288-307.
- Peter, J Paul & Tarpey, Lawrence X, Sr, 1975. "A Comparative Analysis of Three Consumer Decision Strategies," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 29-37, June.
- Boulding, William & Kirmani, Amna, 1993. "A Consumer-Side Experimental Examination of Signaling Theory: Do Consumers Perceive Warranties as Signals of Quality?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-123, June.
- Derbaix, C., 1983. "Perceived risk and risk relievers: An empirical investigation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 19-38.
- Shimp, Terence A & Bearden, William O, 1982. "Warranty and Other Extrinsic Cue Effects on Consumers' Risk Perceptions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 38-46, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rotem-Mindali, Orit & Salomon, Ilan, 2007. "The impacts of E-retail on the choice of shopping trips and delivery: Some preliminary findings," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 176-189, February.
- Aghekyan-Simonian, MarinÃ© & Forsythe, Sandra & Suk Kwon, Wi & Chattaraman, Veena, 2012. "The role of product brand image and online store image on perceived risks and online purchase intentions for apparel," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 325-331.
- Scarpi, Daniele, 2012. "Work and Fun on the Internet: The Effects of Utilitarianism and Hedonism Online," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 53-67.
- Sergio Román & Pedro Cuestas, 2008. "The Perceptions of Consumers Regarding Online Retailers’ Ethics and Their Relationship with Consumers’ General Internet Expertise and Word of Mouth: A Preliminary Analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 641-656, December.
- Sérgio Nunes, 2012. "Information Security Value In E-Entrepreneurship," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(2), pages 107-131.
- Kang, Jun & Alejandro, Thomas Brashear & Groza, Mark D., 2015. "Customer–company identification and the effectiveness of loyalty programs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 464-471.
- Wirawan Dony Dahana & HeeJae Shin & Sotaro Katsumata, 2018. "Influence of individual characteristics on whether and how much consumers engage in showrooming behavior," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 665-692, December.
- Ahlert, Dieter & Evanschitzky, Heiner & Thesing, Miriam, 2006. "Zahlungsbereitschaft im online Handel: Eine empirische Untersuchung mittels der Conjoint Analyse / Ahlert,D. / Evanschitzky, H," Working Papers 34, University of Münster, Competence Center Internet Economy and Hybrid Systems, European Research Center for Information Systems (ERCIS).
- Nepomuceno, Marcelo Vinhal & Laroche, Michel & Richard, Marie-Odile, 2014. "How to reduce perceived risk when buying online: The interactions between intangibility, product knowledge, brand familiarity, privacy and security concerns," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 619-629.
- Christian Jaag & Christian Bach, 2014. "The Effect of Payment Reversibility on E-commerce and Postal Quality," Working Papers 0046, Swiss Economics.
- Elpida TENIDOU & Dimosthenis PAPPAS & Ioannis KAZANIDIS & Stavros VALSAMIDIS, 2016. "The Usage Of E-Commerce In The Area Of Evros, Greece," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 15(2), pages 3-19.
- Zablocki, Agnieszka & Makri, Katerina & Houston, Michael J., 2019. "Emotions Within Online Reviews and their Influence on Product Attitudes in Austria, USA and Thailand," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 20-39.
- Ibtissame Abaidi, 2014. "Etude de l’impact du prix sur la valeur globale perçue des journaux digitaux – Proposition d’une typologie des consommateurs," Working Papers 2014-73, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Taylor, David G. & Strutton, David, 2010. "Has e-marketing come of age? Modeling historical influences on post-adoption era Internet consumer behaviors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 950-956, September.
- Ana B. Casado-Díaz & Leonor M. Pérez-Naranjo & Ricardo Sellers-Rubio, 2017. "Aggregate consumer ratings and booking intention: the role of brand image," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(3), pages 543-562, September.
- Ganesh, Jaishankar & Reynolds, Kristy E. & Luckett, Michael & Pomirleanu, Nadia, 2010. "Online Shopper Motivations, and e-Store Attributes: An Examination of Online Patronage Behavior and Shopper Typologies," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 106-115.
- Osama Bin Ahsan, 2019. "Dimensions Of Brand Communication, Brand Image And Brand Trust As Antecedents Of Brand Loyalty," Journal of Marketing and Logistics (JML), Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT), vol. 2, pages 31-49, January.
- Ballestar, María Teresa & Grau-Carles, Pilar & Sainz, Jorge, 2016. "Consumer behavior on cashback websites: Network strategies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 2101-2107.
- Banu Kulter Demirgunes, 2014. "The Antecedents of Store Image and Customer Satisfaction," International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147-4478), Center for the Strategic Studies in Business and Finance, vol. 3(3), pages 48-62, July.
- Silvina Santana & Sandra Loureiro, 2010. "Assessing Benefits And Risks Of Online Shopping In Spain And Scotland," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(2), pages 161-172.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:56:y:2003:i:11:p:877-885. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.