The effects of discount level, price consciousness and sale proneness on consumers' price perception and behavioral intention
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1978. "A Model of Advertising and Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 485-503, June.
- Urbany, Joel E, 1986. " An Experimental Examination of the Economics of Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 257-271, September.
- Lichtenstein, Donald R & Burton, Scot & Karson, Eric J, 1991. " The Effect of Semantic Cues on Consumer Perceptions of Reference Price Ads," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 380-391, December.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Lichtenstein, Donald R & Bearden, William O, 1989. " Contextual Influences on Perceptions of Merchant-Supplied Reference Prices," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 55-66, June.
- Richard H. Thaler, 2008. "Mental Accounting and Consumer Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 15-25, 01-02.
- Alford, Bruce L. & Sherrell, Daniel L., 1996. "The role of affect in consumer satisfaction judgments of credence-based services," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 71-84, September.
- Biswas, Abhijit & Wilson, Elizabeth J. & Licata, Jane W., 1993. "Reference pricing studies in marketing: A synthesis of research results," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 239-256, July.
- Urbany, Joel E & Bearden, William O & Weilbaker, Dan C, 1988. " The Effect of Plausible and Exaggerated Reference Prices on Consumer Perceptions and Price Search," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 95-110, June.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & McAlister, Leigh & Hoyer, Wayne D, 1990. " Promotion Signal: Proxy for a Price Cut?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 74-81, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:201-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Chih-Hsing Sam & Lee, Tingko, 2016. "Service quality and price perception of service: Influence on word-of-mouth and revisit intention," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 42-54.
- Lu, Allan Cheng Chieh & Gursoy, Dogan & Lu, Carol Yi Rong, 2016. "Antecedents and outcomes of consumers’ confusion in the online tourism domain," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 76-93.
- Kaltcheva, Velitchka D. & Winsor, Robert D. & Patino, Anthony & Shapiro, Stewart, 2013. "Impact of promotions on shopper price comparisons," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 809-815.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:2:p:266-275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bracaglia, Valentina & D׳Alfonso, Tiziana & Nastasi, Alberto, 2014. "Competition between multiproduct airports," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 270-281.
- repec:pal:jmarka:v:4:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1057_s41270-016-0006-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosa Diaz, Isabel Maria & Rondán Cataluña, Francisco Javier, 2011. "Antecedentes da importância do preço nas decisões de compra," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 51(4), July.
- Crespo-Almendros, E. & Del Barrio-GarcÃa, S., 2016. "Online airline ticket purchasing: Influence of online sales promotion type and Internet experience," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 23-34.
- Walsh, Gianfranco & Shiu, Edward & Hassan, Louise M. & Michaelidou, Nina & Beatty, Sharon E., 2011. "Emotions, store-environmental cues, store-choice criteria, and marketing outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 737-744, July.
- Johnson, Jennifer Wiggins & Cui, Annie Peng, 2013. "To influence or not to influence: External reference price strategies in pay-what-you-want pricing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 275-281.
- Arcelus, F.J. & Gor, Ravi & Srinivasan, G., 2012. "Price, rebate and order quantity decisions in a newsvendor framework with rebate-dependent recapture of lost sales," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 473-482.
- Huang, Wen-Hsien & Kuai, Liang, 2006. "The in-flight shopper," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 207-211.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:189-197 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:555-:d:95135 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:55:y:2002:i:9:p:775-783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.