On stability of operational risk estimates by LDA: From causes to approaches
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2004.
"A well-conditioned estimator for large-dimensional covariance matrices,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 365-411, February.
- Ledoit, Olivier & Wolf, Michael, 2000. "A well conditioned estimator for large dimensional covariance matrices," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 10087, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Sonja Huber, 2010. "(Non-)robustness of maximum likelihood estimators for operational risk severity distributions," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(8), pages 871-882.
- Xiaoping Zhou & Rosella Giacometti & Frank J. Fabozzi & Ann H. Tucker, 2014. "Bayesian estimation of truncated data with applications to operational risk measurement," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 863-888, May.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:3:p:411-438 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dahen, Hela & Dionne, Georges, 2010.
"Scaling models for the severity and frequency of external operational loss data,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1484-1496, July.
- Hela Dahen & Georges Dionne, 2007. "Scaling Models for the Severity and Frequency of External Operational Loss Data," Cahiers de recherche 0702, CIRPEE.
- Ames, Mark & Schuermann, Til & Scott, Hal S., 2014. "Bank Capital for Operational Risk: A Tale of Fragility and Instability," Working Papers 14-02, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:3:p:497-508 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chavez-Demoulin, V. & Embrechts, P. & Neslehova, J., 2006. "Quantitative models for operational risk: Extremes, dependence and aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2635-2658, October.
- Cope, Eric W. & Piche, Mark T. & Walter, John S., 2012. "Macroenvironmental determinants of operational loss severity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1362-1380.
- Christian Menn & Svetlozar Rachev, 2009. "Smoothly truncated stable distributions, GARCH-models, and option pricing," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 69(3), pages 411-438, July.
- Chernobai, Anna & Jorion, Philippe & Yu, Fan, 2012. "The Determinants of Operational Risk in U.S. Financial Institutions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(06), pages 1683-1725, February.
- Paul Embrechts & Marco Frei, 2009. "Panjer recursion versus FFT for compound distributions," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 69(3), pages 497-508, July.
- Allen, Linda & Bali, Turan G., 2007. "Cyclicality in catastrophic and operational risk measurements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1191-1235, April.
- Kim, Joseph Hyun Tae & Hardy, Mary R., 2007. "Quantifying and Correcting the Bias in Estimated Risk Measures," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 365-386, November.
- J. D. Opdyke, 2014. "Estimating Operational Risk Capital with Greater Accuracy, Precision, and Robustness," Papers 1406.0389, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- Xiaolin Luo & Pavel V. Shevchenko & John B. Donnelly, 2009. "Addressing the Impact of Data Truncation and Parameter Uncertainty on Operational Risk Estimates," Papers 0904.2910, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsOperational risk modeling; Maximum likelihood estimation; Bias correction; Robust estimation; Right-truncated distribution; Probability weighted least squares method;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:68:y:2016:i:c:p:266-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.