Finance journal rankings and tiers: An Active Scholar Assessment methodology
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oltheten, Elisabeth & Theoharakis, Vasilis & Travlos, Nickolaos G., 2005. "Faculty Perceptions and Readership Patterns of Finance Journals: A Global View," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(01), pages 223-239, March.
- Chung, Kee H & Cox, Raymond A K, 1990. " Patterns of Productivity in the Finance Literature: A Study of the Bibliometric Distributions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 301-309, March.
- C. Krishnan & Robert Bricker, 2004. "Top finance journals: Do they add value?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 28(3), pages 361-378, September.
- Stanley D. Smith, 2004. "Is an Article in a Top Journal a Top Article?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 33(4), Winter.
- Brown, Lawrence D, 2003. "Ranking Journals Using Social Science Research Network Downloads," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 291-307, May.
- Klemkosky, Robert C. & Tuttle, Donald L., 1977. "A Ranking of Doctoral Programs by Financial Research Contributions of Graduates," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 491-497, September.
- Kenneth A. Borokhovich & Robert J. Bricker & Betty J. Simkins, 2000. "An Analysis of Finance Journal Impact Factors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1457-1469, June.
- Schweser, Carl, 1977. "The Doctoral Origins of Contributors to the Journal of Finance from 1964 through 1975," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 908-910, June.
- Borde, Stephen F & Cheney, John M & Madura, Jeff, 1999. "A Note on Perceptions of Finance Journal Quality," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 89-96, January.
- Tom Arnold, 2003. "Impact: What Influences Finance Research?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(2), pages 343-362, April.
- Alexander, John C & Mabry, Rodney H, 1994. " Relative Significance of Journals, Authors, and Articles Cited in Financial Research," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 697-712, June.
- Kam C. Chan & Carl R. Chen & Thomas L. Steiner, 2002. "Production in the Finance Literature, Institutional Reputation, and Labor Mobility in Academia: A Global Perspective," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 31(4), Winter.
- Niemi, Albert W, Jr, 1987. " Institutional Contributions to the Leading Finance Journals, 1975 through 1986: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1389-1397, December.
- Cox, Raymond A K & Chung, Kee H, 1991. "Patterns of Research Output and Author Concentration in the Economics Literature," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 740-747, November.
- Zivney, Terry L & Bertin, William J, 1992. " Publish or Perish: What the Competition Is Really Doing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 295-329, March.
- Borokhovich, Kenneth A, et al, 1995. " Finance Research Productivity and Influence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1691-1717, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:scient:v:95:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0892-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2016.
"Taking the Temperature: A Meta-Ranking of Economics Journals,"
68933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klaus Wohlrabe, 2016. "Taking the Temperature: A Meta-Ranking of Economics Journals," CESifo Working Paper Series 5726, CESifo Group Munich.
- Morris G. Danielson & Jean L. Heck, 2014. "Voting with Their Feet: In Which Journals Do the Most Prolific Finance Researchers Publish?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Theodore Eisenberg & Martin T. Wells, 2014.
"Ranking Law Journals And The Limits Of Journal Citation Reports,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(4), pages 1301-1314, October.
- Eisenberg, Theodore & Wells, Martin T., 2013. "Ranking Law Journals and the Limits of Journal Citation Reports," IEL Working Papers 12, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Tüselmann, Heinz & Sinkovics, Rudolf R. & Pishchulov, Grigory, 2016. "Revisiting the standing of international business journals in the competitive landscape," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 487-498.
- Antonio García-Romero & Daniel Santín & Gabriela Sicilia, 2016. "Another brick in the wall: a new ranking of academic journals in Economics using FDH," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(1), pages 91-101, April.
- Matthias Weber, 2016. "The Effects of Listing Authors in Alphabetical Order: A survey of the Empirical Evidence," Bank of Lithuania Occasional Paper Series 12, Bank of Lithuania.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:89:y:2018:i:c:p:26-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:empfin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:155-174 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:climat:v:143:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10584-017-1985-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kam C. Chan & Anna Fung & Hung-Gay Fung & Jot Yau, 2016. "A Citation Analysis of Business Ethics Research: A Global Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 557-573, July.
- Lutz Bornmann & Alexander Butz & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2018.
"What are the top five journals in economics? A new meta-ranking,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(6), pages 659-675, February.
- Bornmann, Lutz & Butz, Alexander & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2017. "What are the Top Five Journals in Economics? A New Meta–ranking," MPRA Paper 79176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Millet-Reyes, Benedicte, 2013. "The impact of citations in International Finance," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 129-139.
- Kadel, Annke & Walter, Andreas, 2015. "Do scholars in Economics and Finance react to alphabetical discrimination?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 64-68.
- Chan, Kam C. & Chang, Chih-Hsiang & Chang, Yuanchen, 2013. "Ranking of finance journals: Some Google Scholar citation perspectives," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 241-250.
More about this item
KeywordsJournal assessment Active scholars Endogenous ranking Tiers ABS ISI impact factors Nested random-effects regression;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:35:y:2011:i:1:p:7-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.