Returns to scale and efficiency of credit associations in Japan: A nonparametric frontier approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Loretta J. Mester, 1987. "Efficient production of financial services: scale and scope economies," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jan, pages 15-25.
- Fried, Harold O. & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Eeckaut, Philippe Vanden, 1993. "Evaluating the performance of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 251-265, April.
- Goldstein, Steven J. & McNulty, James E. & Verbrugge, James A., 1987. "Scale economies in the savings and loan industry before diversification," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 199-207, August.
- Rangan, Nanda & Grabowski, Richard & Aly, Hassan Y. & Pasurka, Carl, 1988. "The technical efficiency of US banks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 169-175.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Murray, John D & White, Robert W, 1983. " Economies of Scale and Economies of Scope in Multiproduct Financial Institutions: A Study of British Columbia Credit Unions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 887-902, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2003.
"Determinants of voluntary bank disclosure: evidence from Japanese Shinkin banks,"
Pacific Basin Working Paper Series
03-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2004. "Determinants of Voluntary Bank Disclosure: Evidence from Japanese Shinkin Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 1135, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:250:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1922-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yudistira, Donsyah, 2004. "Efficiency In Islamic Banking: An Empirical Analysis Of Eighteen Banks," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 12, pages 2-19.
- KERSTENS , Kristiaan & VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe, 1998. "Distinguishing technical and scale efficiency on non-convex and convex technologies: theoretical analysis and empirical illustrations," CORE Discussion Papers 1998055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:eee:empfin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:66-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Guerra, Ramon & Weber, William L., 1999. "Efficiency and ownership: evidence from Japanese credit cooperatives," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 473-487.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Managi, Shunsuke & Matousek, Roman, 2009. "Productivity growth and biased technological change: Credit banks in Japan," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 924-936, December.
- George Assaf, A. & Barros, Carlos P. & Matousek, Roman, 2011. "Productivity and efficiency analysis of Shinkin banks: Evidence from bootstrap and Bayesian approaches," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 331-342, February.
- Donsyah Yudistira, 2004. "Efficiency of Islamic Banks: an Empirical Analysis of 18 Banks," Finance 0406007, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:8:y:1996:i:3:p:259-277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.