Efficiency of Islamic Banks: an Empirical Analysis of 18 Banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 2003.
"Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of US banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-95, January.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2001. "Explaining the Dramatic Changes in Performance of U.S. Banks: Technological Change, Deregulation and Dynamic Changes in Competition," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-22, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2002. "Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of U.S. banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition," Working Papers 01-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Concetta Chiuri, Maria & Ferri, Giovanni & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2002.
"The macroeconomic impact of bank capital requirements in emerging economies: Past evidence to assess the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 881-904, May.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Giovanni Ferri & Giovanni Majnoni, 2000. "The Macroeconomic Impact Of Bank Capital Requirements In Emerging Economies: Past Evidence To Assess The Future," SERIES 0002, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Sep 2000.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Ferri, Giovanni & Majnoni, Giovanni, 2001. "The macroeconomic impact of bank capital requirements in emerging economies - past evidence to assess the future," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2605, The World Bank.
- Dadang Muljawan & Humayon Dar & Maximilian Hall, 2004. "A capital adequacy framework for Islamic banks: the need to reconcile depositors' risk aversion with managers' risk taking," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 429-441.
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2003.
"A comparative study of efficiency in European banking,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1865-1876.
- Barbara Casu & Philip Molyneux, 2000. "A Comparative Study of Efficiency in European Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Leigh Drake, 2001. "Efficiency and productivity change in UK banking," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 557-571.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Noulas, Athanasios G., 1996. "The technical efficiency of large bank production," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 495-509, April.
- Rezvanian, Rasoul & Mehdian, Seyed, 2002. "An examination of cost structure and production performance of commercial banks in Singapore," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 79-98, January.
- Bashir, Abdel-Hameed M., 1999. "Risk And Profitability Measures In Islamic Banks: The Case Of Two Sudanese Banks," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 6, pages 1-24.
- Donsyah Yudistira, 2002. "The Impact of Bank Capital Requirements in Indonesia," Finance 0212002, EconWPA, revised 18 May 2003.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi, 1996. "Returns to scale and efficiency of credit associations in Japan: A nonparametric frontier approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 259-277, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Samir Srairi, 2010. "Cost and profit efficiency of conventional and Islamic banks in GCC countries," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 45-62, August.
- Shaikh, Salman & Jalbani, Amanat, 2008. "Risk Management in Islamic and Conventional Banks: A Differential Analysis," MPRA Paper 19460, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2009.
- Jaouadi, Said & Ben Jazia, Rachida & Ziedi, Azza, 2011.
"Comparaison de l'efficacité et l'efficience des Banques islamiques et conventionnels: cas de l'Indonésie
[Efficiency and effectiveness comparison of Islamic and conventional banking: case of Indone," MPRA Paper 57551, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Jul 2014.
- Shaikh, Salman, 2013. "Determinants of Islamic Banking Growth in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 53798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Metin AKTAS, 2013. "Stability of the Participation Banking Sector Against the Economic Crisis in Turkey," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 180-190.
- Belanès, Amel & Ftiti, Zied & Regaïeg, Rym, 2015. "What can we learn about Islamic banks efficiency under the subprime crisis? Evidence from GCC Region," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 81-92.
- Olson, Dennis & Zoubi, Taisier A., 2011. "Efficiency and bank profitability in MENA countries," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 94-110, June.
- Taufiq Hassan & Shamsher Mohamad & Mohammed Khaled I. Bader, 2009. "Efficiency of conventional versus Islamic banks: evidence from the Middle East," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 46-65, April.
- repec:nap:nijefr:2017:p:27-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Serhat Yüksel & Shahriyar Mukhtarov & Elvin Mammadov, 2016. "Comparing the Efficiency of Turkish and Azerbaijani Banks: An Application with Data Envelopment Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1059-1067.
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency; Islamic Banks;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0406007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .