Client participation in paid sex markets under alternative regulatory regimes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Cameron & Alan Collins, 2003.
"Estimates of a Model of Male Participation in the Market for Female Heterosexual Prostitution Services,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 271-288, November.
- Cameron, S. & Collins, A., 2001. "Estimates of a Model of Male Participation in the Market for Female Heterosexual Prostitution Services," Papers 139, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Fair, Ray C, 1978. "A Theory of Extramarital Affairs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 45-61, February.
- Paul Butler-Smith & Samuel Cameron & Alan Collins, 1998.
"Gender differences in mate search effort: an exploratory economic analysis of personal advertisements,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(10), pages 1277-1285.
- Butler-Smith, P. & Cameron, S. & Collins, A., 1997. "Gender Differences in Mate Search Effort.: an Exploratory Economic Analysis of Personal Advertisements," Papers 69r, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Peter G. Moffatt & Simon A. Peters, 2004. "Pricing Personal Services: An Empirical Study of Earnings in the UK Prostitution Industry," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(5), pages 675-690, November.
- Marina Della Giusta & Maria Laura Di Tommaso & Steinar Strom, 2004. "Another Theory of Prostitution," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2004-13, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Cameron, Samuel & Collins, Alan, 1997. "Estimates of a Hedonic Ageing Equation for Partner Search," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 409-418.
- Cameron, Samuel & Collins, Alan, 2000. "Random utility maximiser seeks similar: An economic analysis of commitment level in personal relationships," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Rao, Vijayendra & Gupta, Indrani & Lokshin, Michael & Jana, Smarajit, 2003. "Sex workers and the cost of safe sex: the compensating differential for condom use among Calcutta prostitutes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 585-603, August.
- Samuel Cameron, 2002. "The Economics Of Partner Out Trading in Sexual Markets," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 195-222, October.
- Samuel Cameron & Alan Collins & Neill Thew, 1999.
"Prostitution services: an exploratory empirical analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(12), pages 1523-1529.
- Collins, A. & Cameron, S. & Thew, N., 1998. "Prostitution Services : An Exploratory Empirical Analysis," Papers 111, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Morse, Edward V. & Simon, Patricia M. & Osofsky, Howard J. & Balson, Paul M. & Gaumer, H. Richard, 1991. "The male street prostitute: A vector for transmission of HIV infection into the heterosexual world," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 535-539, January.
- Benson, B.L. & Kim, I. & Rasmussen, D.W., 1992. "Estimating Deterrence Effects: A Public Choice Perspective on the Economics of Crime Literature," Working Papers 1992_12_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Lena Edlund & Evelyn Korn, 2002. "A Theory of Prostitution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(1), pages 181-214, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sonnabend, Hendrik & Stadtmann, Georg, 2018. "Good intentions and unintended evil? Adverse effects of criminalizing clients in paid sex markets with voluntary and involuntary prostitution," Discussion Papers 400, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Sonnabend, Hendrik, 2015. "Good Intentions and Unintended Evil? Clients’ Punishment in the Market for Sex Services with Voluntary and Involuntary Providers," EconStor Preprints 110682, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Samuel Cameron (ed.), 2011. "Handbook on the Economics of Leisure," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13469.
- Alan Collins, 2011. "Sexual Leisure Markets," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Leisure, chapter 24 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Alan Collins & Guy Judge, 2010. "Differential enforcement across police jurisdictions and client demand in paid sex markets," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 43-55, February.
More about this item
KeywordsRegulation Prostitution Risk Time allocation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:28:y:2008:i:4:p:294-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.