Pricing Personal Services: An Empirical Study of Earnings in the UK Prostitution Industry
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Muravyev & Oleksandr Talavera, 2018.
"Unsafe Sex in the City: Risk Pricing in the London Area,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 65(5), pages 528-549, November.
- Muravyev, Alexander & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2018. "Unsafe Sex in the City: Risk Pricing in the London Area," IZA Discussion Papers 11390, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alexander Muravyev & Oleksandr Talavera, 2018. "Unsafe Sex in the City: Risk Pricing in the London Area," Working Papers 2018-29, Swansea University, School of Management.
- Immordino, G. & Russo, F.F., 2015. "Regulating prostitution: A health risk approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 14-31.
- Thunström, Linda, 2007.
"The Marginal Willingness-to-Pay for Health Related Food Characteristics,"
Umeå Economic Studies
724, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Thunström, Linda, 2007. "The Marginal Willingness-to-Pay for Health Related Food Characteristics," HUI Working Papers 12, HUI Research.
- Trevon D. Logan & Manisha Shah, 2013.
"Face Value: Information and Signaling in an Illegal Market,"
Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 529-564, January.
- Trevon Logan & Manisha Shah, 2009. "Face Value: Information and Signaling in an Illegal Market," NBER Working Papers 14841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Islam Asadul & Smyth Russell, 2012.
"The Economic Returns to Good Looks and Risky Sex in the Bangladesh Commercial Sex Market,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-25, May.
- Asadul Islam & Russell Smyth, 2010. "The Economic Returns to Good Looks and Risky Sex in the Bangladesh Commercial Sex Market," Monash Economics Working Papers 41-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Scott Cunningham & Todd D. Kendall, 2017. "Prostitution, hours, job amenities and education," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 1055-1080, December.
- Gregory DeAngelo & Jacob N. Shapiro & Jeffrey Borowitz & Michael Cafarella & Christopher Ré & Gary Shiffman, 2019. "Pricing risk in prostitution: Evidence from online sex ads," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 59(3), pages 281-305, December.
- Mann, Stefan, 2015. "An activity choice approach towards pricing of 1:1 personal services – on the omnipresence of interpersonal utility comparisons," MPRA Paper 62516, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Egger & Andreas Lindenblatt, 2015. "Endogenous risk-taking and physical appearance of sex workers," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(9), pages 941-949, December.
- Pokatovich, Elena (Покатович, Елена) & Matyushonok, Vladislav, 2017. "Price setting in online Prostitution Market [Ценообразование На Рынке Онлайн-Проституции]," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 3, pages 222-235, June.
- Adriaenssens, Stef, 2010. "'Its all supply and demand': Market fatalism and norm construction by prostitution clients in the Netherlands and Belgium," Working Papers 2010/18, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Cunningham, Scott & Kendall, Todd D., 2011. "Prostitution 2.0: The changing face of sex work," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 273-287, May.
- Danielle E. Rabkin & Timothy K.M. Beatty, 2007. "Does VQA Certification Matter? A Hedonic Analysis," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 33(3), pages 299-314, September.
- Collins, Alan & Judge, Guy, 2008. "Client participation in paid sex markets under alternative regulatory regimes," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 294-301, December.
- Jakobsson, Niklas & Kotsadam, Andreas, 2009. "What explains attitudes toward prostitution?," Working Papers in Economics 349, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Rocío Albert & Fernando Gómez & Yanna Gutierrez Franco, 2007. "Regulating Prostitution: A Comparative Law and Economics Approach," Working Papers 2007-30, FEDEA.
- Niklas Jakobsson & Andreas Kotsadam, 2013.
"The law and economics of international sex slavery: prostitution laws and trafficking for sexual exploitation,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 87-107, February.
- Jakobsson, Niklas & Kotsadam, Andreas, 2010. "The Law and Economics of International Sex Slavery: Prostitution Laws and Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation," Working Papers in Economics 458, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 07 Jun 2013.
- Andreas Kotsadam & Niklas Jakobsson, 2014. "Shame on you, John! Laws, stigmatization, and the demand for sex," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 393-404, June.
- Florian H. Schneider & Fanny Brun & Roberto A. Weber, 2020. "Sorting and wage premiums in immoral work," ECON - Working Papers 353, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:scotjp:v:51:y:2004:i:5:p:675-690. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sesssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.