Markowitz’s mean–variance asset–liability management with regime switching: A time-consistent approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ping Chen & Hailiang Yang, 2011. "Markowitz's Mean-Variance Asset-Liability Management with Regime Switching: A Multi-Period Model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 29-50.
- R. A. Pollak, 1968. "Consistent Planning," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 201-208.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- R. H. Strotz, 1955. "Myopia and Inconsistency in Dynamic Utility Maximization," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 165-180.
- Leippold, Markus & Trojani, Fabio & Vanini, Paolo, 2004.
"A geometric approach to multiperiod mean variance optimization of assets and liabilities,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1079-1113, March.
- Markus LEIPPOLD & Fabio TROJANI & Paolo VANINI, 2002. "A Geometric Approach to Multiperiod Mean Variance Optimization of Assets and Liabilities," FAME Research Paper Series rp48, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bezalel Peleg & Menahem E. Yaari, 1973. "On the Existence of a Consistent Course of Action when Tastes are Changing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 391-401.
- Boyle, Phelim & Draviam, Thangaraj, 2007. "Pricing exotic options under regime switching," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 267-282, March.
- Chen, Ping & Yang, Hailiang & Yin, George, 2008. "Markowitz's mean-variance asset-liability management with regime switching: A continuous-time model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 456-465, December.
- Suleyman Basak & Georgy Chabakauri, 2010. "Dynamic Mean-Variance Asset Allocation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 2970-3016, August.
- Chiu, Mei Choi & Li, Duan, 2006. "Asset and liability management under a continuous-time mean-variance optimization framework," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 330-355, December.
- Keel, Alex & Müller, Heinz H., 1995. "Efficient Portfolios in the Asset Liability Context," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 33-48, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1999. "Ramsey Meets Laibson in the Neoclassical Growth Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1125-1152.
- Robert Elliott & Tak Kuen Siu, 2009. "On Markov-modulated Exponential-affine Bond Price Formulae," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Bensoussan & K. Sung & S. Yam, 2013. "Linear–Quadratic Time-Inconsistent Mean Field Games," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 537-552, December.
- repec:spr:orspec:v:40:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00291-017-0502-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liang, Zongxia & Song, Min, 2015. "Time-consistent reinsurance and investment strategies for mean–variance insurer under partial information," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 66-76.
- Wu, Huiling & Chen, Hua, 2015. "Nash equilibrium strategy for a multi-period mean–variance portfolio selection problem with regime switching," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 79-90.
- Wong, Tat Wing & Chiu, Mei Choi & Wong, Hoi Ying, 2014. "Time-consistent mean–variance hedging of longevity risk: Effect of cointegration," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 56-67.
- repec:spr:fuzodm:v:17:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10700-017-9266-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:insuma:v:78:y:2018:i:c:p:72-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chi Kin Lam & Yuhong Xu & Guosheng Yin, 2016. "Dynamic portfolio selection without risk-free assets," Papers 1602.04975, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhou, Zhongbao & Xiao, Helu & Yin, Jialing & Zeng, Ximei & Lin, Ling, 2016. "Pre-commitment vs. time-consistent strategies for the generalized multi-period portfolio optimization with stochastic cash flows," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 187-202.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:84-96 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAsset–liability management; Mean–variance; Regime switching; Time consistent feedback control; Extended Hamilton–Jacobi–Bellman;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:53:y:2013:i:1:p:281-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.