Mean-Variance Asset-Liability Management with State-Dependent Risk Aversion
In this paper, we consider the asset-liability management under the mean-variance criterion. The financial market consists of a risk-free bond and a stock whose price process is modeled by a geometric Brownian motion. The liability of the investor is uncontrollable and is modeled by another geometric Brownian motion. We consider a specific state-dependent risk aversion which depends on a power function of the liability. By solving a flow of FBSDEs with bivariate state process, we obtain the equilibrium strategy among all the open-loop controls for this time-inconsistent control problem. It shows that the equilibrium strategy is a feedback control of the liability.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ping Chen & Hailiang Yang, 2011. "Markowitz's Mean-Variance Asset-Liability Management with Regime Switching: A Multi-Period Model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 29-50.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Chiu, Mei Choi & Li, Duan, 2006. "Asset and liability management under a continuous-time mean-variance optimization framework," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 330-355, December.
- R. H. Strotz, 1955. "Myopia and Inconsistency in Dynamic Utility Maximization," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 165-180.
- Leippold, Markus & Trojani, Fabio & Vanini, Paolo, 2004.
"A geometric approach to multiperiod mean variance optimization of assets and liabilities,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1079-1113, March.
- Markus LEIPPOLD & Fabio TROJANI & Paolo VANINI, 2002. "A Geometric Approach to Multiperiod Mean Variance Optimization of Assets and Liabilities," FAME Research Paper Series rp48, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Chen, Ping & Yang, Hailiang & Yin, George, 2008. "Markowitz's mean-variance asset-liability management with regime switching: A continuous-time model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 456-465, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1304.7882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.