Mean-Variance Asset-Liability Management with State-Dependent Risk Aversion
In this paper, we consider the asset-liability management under the mean-variance criterion. The financial market consists of a risk-free bond and a stock whose price process is modeled by a geometric Brownian motion. The liability of the investor is uncontrollable and is modeled by another geometric Brownian motion. We consider a specific state-dependent risk aversion which depends on a power function of the liability. By solving a flow of FBSDEs with bivariate state process, we obtain the equilibrium strategy among all the open-loop controls for this time-inconsistent control problem. It shows that the equilibrium strategy is a feedback control of the liability.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ping Chen & Hailiang Yang, 2011. "Markowitz's Mean-Variance Asset-Liability Management with Regime Switching: A Multi-Period Model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 29-50.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Chiu, Mei Choi & Li, Duan, 2006. "Asset and liability management under a continuous-time mean-variance optimization framework," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 330-355, December.
- R. H. Strotz, 1955. "Myopia and Inconsistency in Dynamic Utility Maximization," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 165-180.
- Leippold, Markus & Trojani, Fabio & Vanini, Paolo, 2004.
"A geometric approach to multiperiod mean variance optimization of assets and liabilities,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1079-1113, March.
- Markus LEIPPOLD & Fabio TROJANI & Paolo VANINI, 2002. "A Geometric Approach to Multiperiod Mean Variance Optimization of Assets and Liabilities," FAME Research Paper Series rp48, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Chen, Ping & Yang, Hailiang & Yin, George, 2008. "Markowitz's mean-variance asset-liability management with regime switching: A continuous-time model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 456-465, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1304.7882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.