Time-consistent mean–variance hedging of longevity risk: Effect of cointegration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, K C, et al, 1992.
" An Empirical Comparison of Alternative Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1209-1227, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate CKLS(1992) estimation of interest rate models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- David Blake & Andrew Cairns & Kevin Dowd & Richard MacMinn, 2006. "Longevity Bonds: Financial Engineering, Valuation, and Hedging," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(4), pages 647-672.
- Yahia Salhi & Stéphane Loisel, 2012. "Basis risk modelling: a co-integration based approach," Working Papers hal-00746859, HAL.
- Menoncin, Francesco, 2008. "The role of longevity bonds in optimal portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 343-358.
- Coughlan, Guy & Khalaf-Allah, Marwa & Ye, Yijing & Kumar, Sumit & Cairns, Andrew & Blake, David & Dowd, Kevin, 2011. "Longevity hedging 101: A framework for longevity basis risk analysis and hedge effectiveness," MPRA Paper 35743, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biffis, Enrico & Blake, David, 2010. "Securitizing and tranching longevity exposures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 186-197, February.
- Dowd, Kevin & Cairns, Andrew & Blake, David & Coughlan, Guy & Khalaf-Allah, Marwa, 2011. "A gravity model of mortality rates for two related populations," MPRA Paper 35738, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiu, Mei Choi & Wong, Hoi Ying, 2013. "Optimal investment for an insurer with cointegrated assets: CRRA utility," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 52-64.
- Kevin Dowd & David Blake & Andrew J. G. Cairns & Paul Dawson, 2006. "Survivor Swaps," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(1), pages 1-17.
- Chiu, Mei Choi & Wong, Hoi Ying, 2011. "Mean-variance portfolio selection of cointegrated assets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1369-1385, August.
- Paul Dawson & Kevin Dowd & Andrew J. G. Cairns & David Blake, 2010. "Survivor Derivatives: A Consistent Pricing Framework," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(3), pages 579-596.
- Biffis, Enrico, 2005. "Affine processes for dynamic mortality and actuarial valuations," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 443-468, December.
- Phillips, P C B, 1991.
"Error Correction and Long-Run Equilibrium in Continuous Time,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 967-980, July.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1988. "Error Correction and Long Run Equilibrium in Continuous Time," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 882R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PHILLIPSHANNAN: RATS procedure to compute Phillips-Hannan Efficient estimator for multivariate regressions," Statistical Software Components RTS00158, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Suleyman Basak & Georgy Chabakauri, 2010. "Dynamic Mean-Variance Asset Allocation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 2970-3016.
- Wei, J. & Wong, K.C. & Yam, S.C.P. & Yung, S.P., 2013. "Markowitz’s mean–variance asset–liability management with regime switching: A time-consistent approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 281-291.
- Chiu, Mei Choi & Wong, Hoi Ying, 2012. "Mean–variance asset–liability management: Cointegrated assets and insurance liability," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(3), pages 785-793.
- Bandi, Federico M. & Nguyen, Thong H., 2003. "On the functional estimation of jump-diffusion models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 293-328.
- Yang, Sharon S. & Wang, Chou-Wen, 2013. "Pricing and securitization of multi-country longevity risk with mortality dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 157-169.
- Darrell Duffie & Rui Kan, 1996. "A Yield-Factor Model Of Interest Rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 379-406.
- Ahn, Dong-Hyun & Gao, Bin, 1999. "A Parametric Nonlinear Model of Term Structure Dynamics," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 721-762.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leng, Xuan & Peng, Liang, 2016.
"Inference pitfalls in Lee–Carter model for forecasting mortality,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, pages 58-65.
- Thomas Knispel & Roger J. A. Laeven & Gregor Svindland, 2016. "Robust Optimal Risk Sharing and Risk Premia in Expanding Pools," Papers 1601.06979, arXiv.org.
- Peter Jevtic & Luca Regis, 2016. "A continuous-time stochastic model for the mortality surface of multiple populations," Working Papers 03/2016, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jul 2016.
- Kwok, Kai Yin & Chiu, Mei Choi & Wong, Hoi Ying, 2016. "Demand for longevity securities under relative performance concerns: Stochastic differential games with cointegration," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, pages 353-366.
- Dong, Fangyuan & Wong, Hoi Ying, 2015. "Longevity bond pricing under the threshold CIR model," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 195-207.
- Hallin, Marc & van den Akker, Ramon & Werker, Bas J.M., 2016. "Semiparametric error-correction models for cointegration with trends: Pseudo-Gaussian and optimal rank-based tests of the cointegration rank," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 190(1), pages 46-61.
- Clemente De Rosa & Elisa Luciano & Luca Regis, 2015. "Basis risk in static versus dynamic longevity-risk hedging," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 425, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised Oct 2015.
- Helena Chuliá & Montserrat Guillén & Jorge M. Uribe, 2015. "Mortality and Longevity Risks in the United Kingdom: Dynamic Factor Models and Copula-Functions," Working Papers 2015-03, Universitat de Barcelona, UB Riskcenter.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLongevity risk; Basis risk; Cointegration; Stochastic mortality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:56:y:2014:i:c:p:56-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.