Multivariate density estimation using dimension reducing information and tail flattening transformations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brodin, Erik & Rootzén, Holger, 2009. "Univariate and bivariate GPD methods for predicting extreme wind storm losses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 345-356, June.
- Bolance, Catalina & Guillen, Montserrat & Nielsen, Jens Perch, 2003.
"Kernel density estimation of actuarial loss functions,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 19-36, February.
- Bolance, Catalina & Guillen, Montserrat & Perch Nielsen, Jens, 2000. "Kernel Density Estimation of Actuarial Loss Functions," Finance Working Papers 00-4, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Montserrat Guillen & Jim Gustafsson & Jens Perch Nielsen & Paul Pritchard, 2007. "Using External Data in Operational Risk," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 32(2), pages 178-189, April.
- Degen, Matthias & Embrechts, Paul & Lambrigger, Dominik D., 2007. "The Quantitative Modeling of Operational Risk: Between G-and-H and EVT," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 265-291, November.
- Gustafsson, J. & Hagmann, M. & Nielsen, J. P. & Scaillet, O., 2009.
"Local Transformation Kernel Density Estimation of Loss Distributions,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 27(2), pages 161-175.
- J. Gustafsson & M. Hagmann & J.P. Nielsen & O. Scaillet, 2006. "Local Transformation Kernel Density Estimation of Loss Distributions," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 06-32, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jun 2007.
- Valdez, Emiliano A. & Dhaene, Jan & Maj, Mateusz & Vanduffel, Steven, 2009. "Bounds and approximations for sums of dependent log-elliptical random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 385-397, June.
- Oliver Linton & Jens Perch Nielsen & Søren Feodor Nielsen, 2009.
"Non-parametric regression with a latent time series,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(2), pages 187-207, July.
- Oliver Linton & Søren Feodor Nielsen & Jens Perch Nielsen, 2009. "Nonparametric Regression with a Latent Time Series," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 538, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Furman, Edward & Landsman, Zinoviy, 2010. "Multivariate Tweedie distributions and some related capital-at-risk analyses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 351-361, April.
- Li, Deyuan & Peng, Liang, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit test for tail copulas modeled by elliptical copulas," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(8), pages 1097-1104, April.
- Ingrid K. Glad, 2003. "Correction of Density Estimators that are not Densities," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(2), pages 415-427.
- Bolancé, Catalina & Guillén, Montserrat & Nielsen, Jens Perch, 2008. "Inverse beta transformation in kernel density estimation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(13), pages 1757-1764, September.
- Gebizlioglu, Omer L. & Yagci, Banu, 2008. "Tolerance intervals for quantiles of bivariate risks and risk measurement," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1022-1027, June.
- Hashorva, Enkelejd, 2008. "Tail asymptotic results for elliptical distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 158-164, August.
- Clements A. & Hurn S. & Lindsay K., 2003. "Mobius-Like Mappings and Their Use in Kernel Density Estimation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 993-1000, January.
- Genest, Christian & Gerber, Hans U. & Goovaerts, Marc J. & Laeven, Roger J.A., 2009. "Editorial to the special issue on modeling and measurement of multivariate risk in insurance and finance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 143-145, April.
- Kabir Dutta & Jason Perry, 2006. "A tale of tails: an empirical analysis of loss distribution models for estimating operational risk capital," Working Papers 06-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Bolance, Catalina & Guillen, Montserrat & Pelican, Elena & Vernic, Raluca, 2008. "Skewed bivariate models and nonparametric estimation for the CTE risk measure," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 386-393, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramon Alemany & Catalina Bolancé & Montserrat Guillén, 2012. "Nonparametric estimation of Value-at-Risk," Working Papers XREAP2012-19, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2012.
- Urbina, Jilber & Guillén, Montserrat, 2013.
"An application of capital allocation principles to operational risk,"
2072/222201, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Urbina, Jilber & Guillén, Montserrat, 2013. "An application of capital allocation principles to operational risk," MPRA Paper 75726, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2013.
- María Luz Gámiz & Enno Mammen & María Dolores Martínez Miranda & Jens Perch Nielsen, 2016. "Double one-sided cross-validation of local linear hazards," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 78(4), pages 755-779, September.
- Gámiz Pérez, M. Luz & Martínez Miranda, María Dolores & Nielsen, Jens Perch, 2013. "Smoothing survival densities in practice," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 368-382.
- Del Brio, Esther B. & Perote, Javier, 2012. "Gram–Charlier densities: Maximum likelihood versus the method of moments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 531-537.
More about this item
KeywordsBias reduction Kernel Multiplicative correction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:48:y:2011:i:1:p:99-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.