Optimal non-proportional reinsurance control and stochastic differential games
We study stochastic differential games between two insurance companies who employ reinsurance to reduce risk exposure. We consider competition between two companies and construct a single payoff function of two companies' surplus processes. One company chooses a dynamic reinsurance strategy in order to maximize the payoff function while its opponent is simultaneously choosing a dynamic reinsurance strategy so as to minimize the same quantity. We describe the Nash equilibrium of the game and prove a verification theorem for a general payoff function. For the payoff function being the probability that the difference between two surplus reaches an upper bound before it reaches a lower bound, the game is solved explicitly.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Suijs, J.P.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Borm, P.E.M., 1996.
"Stochastic Cooperative Games in Insurance and Reinsurance,"
1996-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Suijs, J.P.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Borm, P.E.M., 1998. "Stochastic cooperative games in insurance and reinsurance," Other publications TiSEM 01f181bb-862a-4712-9204-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Suijs, Jeroen & De Waegenaere, Anja & Borm, Peter, 1998. "Stochastic cooperative games in insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 209-228, July.
- repec:spr:compst:v:51:y:2000:i:1:p:1-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zeng, Xudong, 2010. "Optimal reinsurance with a rescuing procedure," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 397-405, April.
- Hipp, Christian & Taksar, Michael, 2010. "Optimal non-proportional reinsurance control," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 246-254, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)