Optimal non-proportional reinsurance control and stochastic differential games
We study stochastic differential games between two insurance companies who employ reinsurance to reduce risk exposure. We consider competition between two companies and construct a single payoff function of two companies' surplus processes. One company chooses a dynamic reinsurance strategy in order to maximize the payoff function while its opponent is simultaneously choosing a dynamic reinsurance strategy so as to minimize the same quantity. We describe the Nash equilibrium of the game and prove a verification theorem for a general payoff function. For the payoff function being the probability that the difference between two surplus reaches an upper bound before it reaches a lower bound, the game is solved explicitly.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-77120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zeng, Xudong, 2010. "Optimal reinsurance with a rescuing procedure," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 397-405, April.
- repec:spr:compst:v:51:y:2000:i:1:p:1-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suijs, J.P.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Borm, P.E.M., 1998. "Stochastic cooperative games in insurance and reinsurance," Other publications TiSEM 01f181bb-862a-4712-9204-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hipp, Christian & Taksar, Michael, 2010. "Optimal non-proportional reinsurance control," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 246-254, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:48:y:2011:i:1:p:64-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.