Dividends and reinsurance under a penalty for ruin
We find the optimal dividend strategy in a diffusion risk model under a penalty for ruin, as in Thonhauser and Albrecher (2007), although we allow for both a positive and a negative penalty. Furthermore, we determine the optimal proportional reinsurance strategy, when so-called expensive reinsurance is available; that is, the premium loading on reinsurance is greater than the loading on the directly written insurance. One can think of our model as taking the one in Taksar (2000, Section 6) and adding a penalty for ruin.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yao, Dingjun & Yang, Hailiang & Wang, Rongming, 2011. "Optimal dividend and capital injection problem in the dual model with proportional and fixed transaction costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(3), pages 568-576, June.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon K., 1997. "Optimal choice of dividend barriers for a risk process with stochastic return on investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 215-223, October.
- Bjarne H�jgaard & Michael Taksar, 2004. "Optimal dynamic portfolio selection for a corporation with controllable risk and dividend distribution policy," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 315-327.
- Meng, Hui & Siu, Tak Kuen, 2011.
"On optimal reinsurance, dividend and reinvestment strategies,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 211-218.
- Meng, Hui & Siu, Tak Kuen, 2011. "On optimal reinsurance, dividend and reinvestment strategies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 211-218, January.
- Bjarne Hø jgaard & Michael Taksar, 1999. "Controlling Risk Exposure and Dividends Payout Schemes:Insurance Company Example," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 153-182.
- T. Choulli & M. Taksar & X. Y. Zhou, 2001. "Excess-of-loss reinsurance for a company with debt liability and constraints on risk reduction," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(6), pages 573-596.
- Thonhauser, Stefan & Albrecher, Hansjorg, 2007. "Dividend maximization under consideration of the time value of ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 163-184, July.
- Lin, X.Sheldon & Pavlova, Kristina P., 2006. "The compound Poisson risk model with a threshold dividend strategy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Loeffen, Ronnie L. & Renaud, Jean-François, 2010. "De Finetti's optimal dividends problem with an affine penalty function at ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 98-108, February.
- Asmussen, Soren & Taksar, Michael, 1997. "Controlled diffusion models for optimal dividend pay-out," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Bjarne Højgaard & Søren Asmussen & Michael Taksar, 2000. "Optimal risk control and dividend distribution policies. Example of excess-of loss reinsurance for an insurance corporation," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 299-324.
- Loeffen, R.L., 2009. "An optimal dividends problem with transaction costs for spectrally negative Lévy processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-48, August.
- Kulenko, Natalie & Schmidli, Hanspeter, 2008. "Optimal dividend strategies in a Cramér-Lundberg model with capital injections," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 270-278, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:50:y:2012:i:3:p:437-445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.