De Finetti's optimal dividends problem with an affine penalty function at ruin
In a Lévy insurance risk model, under the assumption that the tail of the Lévy measure is log-convex, we show that either a horizontal barrier strategy or the take-the-money-and-run strategy maximizes, among all admissible strategies, the dividend payments subject to an affine penalty function at ruin. As a key step for the proof, we prove that, under the aforementioned condition on the jump measure, the scale function of the spectrally negative Lévy process has a log-convex derivative.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Teppo A. Rakkolainen, 2007. "Optimal Dividend Control in Presence of Downside Risk," Discussion Papers 14, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Thonhauser, Stefan & Albrecher, Hansjorg, 2007. "Dividend maximization under consideration of the time value of ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 163-184, July.
- Loeffen, R.L., 2009. "An optimal dividends problem with transaction costs for spectrally negative Lévy processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-48, August.
- Kulenko, Natalie & Schmidli, Hanspeter, 2008. "Optimal dividend strategies in a Cramér-Lundberg model with capital injections," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 270-278, October.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1995.
"Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization,"
95-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1998. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-369, June.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:1:p:27-58 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:46:y:2010:i:1:p:98-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.