De Finetti's optimal dividends problem with an affine penalty function at ruin
In a Lévy insurance risk model, under the assumption that the tail of the Lévy measure is log-convex, we show that either a horizontal barrier strategy or the take-the-money-and-run strategy maximizes, among all admissible strategies, the dividend payments subject to an affine penalty function at ruin. As a key step for the proof, we prove that, under the aforementioned condition on the jump measure, the scale function of the spectrally negative Lévy process has a log-convex derivative.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Teppo A. Rakkolainen, 2007. "Optimal Dividend Control in Presence of Downside Risk," Discussion Papers 14, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:1:p:27-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- An, Mark Yuying, 1998.
"Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-369, June.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1995. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Working Papers 95-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Thonhauser, Stefan & Albrecher, Hansjorg, 2007. "Dividend maximization under consideration of the time value of ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 163-184, July.
- Kulenko, Natalie & Schmidli, Hanspeter, 2008. "Optimal dividend strategies in a Cramér-Lundberg model with capital injections," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 270-278, October.
- Loeffen, R.L., 2009. "An optimal dividends problem with transaction costs for spectrally negative Lévy processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-48, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:46:y:2010:i:1:p:98-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.