On optimal reinsurance, dividend and reinvestment strategies
We investigate an optimal reinsurance and dividend problem of an insurance company with the presence of reinvestments, or retained earnings. We consider the general situation that the company needs to pay both fixed and proportional costs. The object of the company is to determine reinsurance, dividend and reinvestment strategies so as to maximize the difference between the expected discounted dividends minus the expected discounted reinvestment until the time of ruin. We focus on the excess-of-loss reinsurance strategy, which is shown to be optimal. The mixed classical-impulse control is then used to discuss the problem. Using inventory control theory, the value function and optimal strategy are derived.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- He, Lin & Liang, Zongxia, 2008. "Optimal financing and dividend control of the insurance company with proportional reinsurance policy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 976-983, June.
- Løkka, Arne & Zervos, Mihail, 2008. "Optimal dividend and issuance of equity policies in the presence of proportional costs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 954-961, June.
- Avanzi, Benjamin & U. Gerber, Hans & S.W. Shiu, Elias, 2007. "Optimal dividends in the dual model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 111-123, July.
- Asmussen, Soren & Taksar, Michael, 1997. "Controlled diffusion models for optimal dividend pay-out," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Bjarne H�jgaard & Michael Taksar, 2004. "Optimal dynamic portfolio selection for a corporation with controllable risk and dividend distribution policy," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 315-327.
- He, Lin & Liang, Zongxia, 2009. "Optimal financing and dividend control of the insurance company with fixed and proportional transaction costs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 88-94, February.
- Gerber, Hans U. & Smith, Nathaniel, 2008. "Optimal dividends with incomplete information in the dual model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 227-233, October.
- T. Choulli & M. Taksar & X. Y. Zhou, 2001. "Excess-of-loss reinsurance for a company with debt liability and constraints on risk reduction," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(6), pages 573-596.
- Bjarne Hø jgaard & Michael Taksar, 1999. "Controlling Risk Exposure and Dividends Payout Schemes:Insurance Company Example," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 153-182.
- Paulsen, Jostein & Gjessing, Hakon, 1994. "Properties of functions of the excess of loss retention limit with applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-21, October.
- Irgens, Christian & Paulsen, Jostein, 2004. "Optimal control of risk exposure, reinsurance and investments for insurance portfolios," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 21-51, August.
- de Lourdes Centeno, Maria, 2005. "Dependent risks and excess of loss reinsurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 229-238, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:28:y:2011:i:1-2:p:211-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.