Standing on the shoulders of giants?—Faculty hiring in information schools
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Natalia Zinovyeva & Manuel Bagues, 2015.
"The Role of Connections in Academic Promotions,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 264-292, April.
- Zinovyeva, Natalia & Bagues, Manuel, 2012. "The Role of Connections in Academic Promotions," IZA Discussion Papers 6821, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bagues, Manuel F. & Zinovyeva, Natalia, 2012. "The Role of Connections in Academic Promotions," INDEM - Working Paper Business Economic Series id-12-02, Instituto para el Desarrollo Empresarial (INDEM).
- repec:eee:infome:v:12:y:2018:i:3:p:736-756 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimitris Bertsimas & Erik Brynjolfsson & Shachar Reichman & John Silberholz, 2015. "OR Forum—Tenure Analytics: Models for Predicting Research Impact," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 63(6), pages 1246-1261, December.
- Cassidy R. Sugimoto & Daifeng Li & Terrell G. Russell & S. Craig Finlay & Ying Ding, 2011. "The shifting sands of disciplinary development: Analyzing North American Library and Information Science dissertations using latent Dirichlet allocation," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 62(1), pages 185-204, January.
- Nicola Curtin & Janet Malley & Abigail J. Stewart, 2016. "Mentoring the Next Generation of Faculty: Supporting Academic Career Aspirations Among Doctoral Students," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 57(6), pages 714-738, September.
- repec:bla:jamist:v:62:y:2011:i:1:p:185-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:infome:v:11:y:2017:i:2:p:641-654 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pezzoni, Michele & Sterzi, Valerio & Lissoni, Francesco, 2012.
"Career progress in centralized academic systems: Social capital and institutions in France and Italy,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 704-719.
- Michele Pezzoni & Valerio Sterzi & Francesco Lissoni, 2009. "Career progress in centralized academic systems: social capital and institutions in France and Italy," KITeS Working Papers 026, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised 2009.
- Michele Pezzoni & Valerio Sterzi & Francesco Lissoni, 2012. "Career progress in centralized academic systems: Social capital and institutions in France and Italy," Post-Print halshs-01074540, HAL.
- Ping Zhang & Jasy Liew Suet Yan & Katie DeVries Hassman, 2013. "The intellectual characteristics of the information field: Heritage and substance," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 64(12), pages 2468-2491, December.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Jaeyong Song & Paul Almeida & Geraldine Wu, 2003. "Learning--by--Hiring: When Is Mobility More Likely to Facilitate Interfirm Knowledge Transfer?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 351-365, April.
- Olivier Godechot, 2016. "The Chance of Influence: A Natural Experiment on the Role of Social Capital in Faculty Recruitment," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/37ufknmfv39, Sciences Po.
- Yongjun Zhu & Erjia Yan & Min Song, 2016. "Understanding the evolving academic landscape of library and information science through faculty hiring data," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 108(3), pages 1461-1478, September.
- repec:spr:scient:v:94:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0775-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:jinfst:v:68:y:2017:i:5:p:1266-1277 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Wiggins & Steven Sawyer, 2012. "Intellectual diversity and the faculty composition of iSchools," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 63(1), pages 8-21, January.
- repec:bla:jinfst:v:69:y:2018:i:1:p:87-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:jamist:v:63:y:2012:i:1:p:8-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:jamist:v:64:y:2013:i:12:p:2468-2491 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsInformation schools; Hiring networks; Collaboration; Strength of weak ties;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:infome:v:13:y:2019:i:1:p:341-353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joi .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.