Interpreting comovements in the trade balance and the terms of trade
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- David K. Backus, 1992. "Interpreting Comovements in the Trade Balance and the Terms of Trade," Working Papers 92-4, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Otto, G., 2003. "Terms of trade shocks and the balance of trade: there is a Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 155-184, April.
- Tarlok Singh, 2007. "Intertemporal Optimizing Models Of Trade And Current Account Balance: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 25-64, February.
- Roland Craigwell & Sudesh Samaroo, 1997. "Dynamic Modelling of the Current Accounts: Evidence from the Caribbean," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 39-50.
- Bengui, Julien & Mendoza, Enrique G. & Quadrini, Vincenzo, 2013.
"Capital mobility and international sharing of cyclical risk,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 42-62.
- Julien Bengui & Enrique G. Mendoza & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2012. "Capital Mobility and International Sharing of Cyclical Risk," NBER Working Papers 18372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Dueker, 1995. "Tariffs and asset market structure: some basic comparative dynamics," Working Papers 1995-009, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- María Dolores Guilló, 1995. "Terms-Of-Trade And The Current Account: A Two-Country/Two-Sector Growth Model," Working Papers. Serie AD 1995-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Luis N. Lanteri, 2015. "Efecto Harberger-Laursen-Metzler. Evidencia para Argentina (1986-2014)," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 1, pages 1-1, December.
- Moore, Michael J. & Roche, Maurice J., 2010.
"Solving exchange rate puzzles with neither sticky prices nor trade costs,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1151-1170, October.
- Maurice J. Roche & Michael J. Moore, 2007. "Solving Exchange Rate Puzzles with neither Sticky Prices nor Trade Costs," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1750507, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Maurice J. Roche & Michael J. Moore, 2009. "Solving Exchange Rate Puzzles with neither Sticky Prices nor Trade Costs," Working Papers 001, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1992.
"Relative Price Movements in Dynamic General Equilibrium Models of International Trade,"
92-25, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1992. "Relative price movements in dynamic general equilibrium models of international trade," Working Paper 9213, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1992. "Relative Price Movements in Dynamic General Equilibrium Models of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 4243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dmitriev, Alexandre & Roberts, Ivan, 2013. "The cost of adjustment: On comovement between the trade balance and the terms of trade," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 689-700.
- Lavan Mahadeva & Javier Gómez Pineda, 2009.
"The international cycle and Colombian monetary policy,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
005406, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Lavan Mahadeva & Javier Gómez Pineda, 2009. "The international cycle and Colombian monetary policy," Borradores de Economia 557, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Huang, Kevin X.D. & Meng, Qinglai, 2007. "The Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect under capital market imperfections," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1001-1015, October.
- Kazimierz Stanczak, 1992. "The Implications of Convex Arbitrage Costs for International Macroeconomics," UCLA Economics Working Papers 664, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ikeda, S., 2000. "Weakly Nonseparable Preference and the Current Account: Yes, There is a Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Effect," ISER Discussion Paper 0503, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Bianconi, Marcelo, 2008.
"Heterogeneity, adverse selection and valuation with endogenous labor supply,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 113-126.
- Marcelo Bianconi, 2004. "Heterogeneity, Adverse Selection and Valuation with Endogenous Labor Supply," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0412, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Bouakez, Hafedh & Kano, Takashi, 2008. "Terms of trade and current account fluctuations: The Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect revisited," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 260-281, March.
- Dmitriev, Alexandre, 2017. "Composite habits and international transmission of business cycles," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1-34.
- Hakan Berument & Nergiz Dincer, 2005.
"Denomination composition of trade and trade balance: evidence from Turkey,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(10), pages 1177-1191.
- Hakan Berument & Nergiz Din er, 2005. "Denomination Composition of Trade and Trade Balance : Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 0510, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:34:y:1993:i:3-4:p:375-387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.