Consumer durables, permanent terms of trade shocks, and the recent US trade deficits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baxter, Marianne, 1996.
"Are Consumer Durables Important for Business Cycles?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 147-155, February.
- Baxter, M., 1992. "Are Consumer Durables Important for Business Cycles," RCER Working Papers 342, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Kollmann, R., 1993. "Fiscal Policy, Technology Shcks and the US Trade Balance Deficit," Cahiers de recherche 9313, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1981. "The Current Account and macroeconomic Adjustment in the 1970s," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 201-282.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Engel, Charles & Wang, Jian, 2011.
"International trade in durable goods: Understanding volatility, cyclicality, and elasticities,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Charles Engel & Jian Wang, 2008. "International Trade in Durable Goods: Understanding Volatility, Cyclicality, and Elasticities," NBER Working Papers 13814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jian Wang & Charles Engel, 2008. "International Trade in Durable Goods: Understanding Volatility, Cyclicality, and Elasticities," 2008 Meeting Papers 210, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Blankenau, William & Ayhan Kose, M. & Yi, Kei-Mu, 2001.
"Can world real interest rates explain business cycles in a small open economy?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 867-889, June.
- William Blankenau & M. Ayhan Kose & Kei-Mu Yi, 1999. "Can world real interest rates explain business cycles in a small open economy?," Staff Reports 94, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Serven, Luis, 1999.
"Terms-of-trade shocks and optimal investment: another look at the Laursen-Metzler effect,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 337-365.
- Serven, Luis, 1995. "Terms-of-trade shocks and optimal investment : another look at the Laursen-Metzler effect," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1424, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:15:y:1996:i:5:p:797-811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.