Cost padding in regulated monopolies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Spiros Bougheas & Tim Worrall, 2001. "Cost Padding in Regulated Monopolies," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 2001/07, Department of Economics, Keele University, revised Nov 2001.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lacker, Jeffrey M & Weinberg, John A, 1989.
"Optimal Contracts under Costly State Falsification,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1345-1363, December.
- Lacker, J.M., 1989. "Optimal Contracts Under Costly State Falsification," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 956, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743.
- Gul, Faruk, 2001. "Unobservable Investment and the Hold-Up Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 343-376, March.
- Ilya Segal & Michael D. Whinston, 2002. "The Mirrlees Approach to Mechanism Design with Renegotiation (with Applications to Hold-up and Risk Sharing)," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 1-45, January.
- Albon, Robert P & Kirby, Michael G, 1983. "Cost-Padding in Profit-Regulated Firms," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 59(164), pages 16-27, March.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Svaiter, Benar Fux, 2010.
"Optimal auction with a general distribution: Virtual valuation without densities,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 21-31, January.
- Svaiter, Benar Fux & Monteiro, P. K., 2008. "Optimal auction with a general distribution: virtual valuation without densities," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 681, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Giovanni Maggi & Andres Rodriguez-Clare, 1995. "Costly Distortion of Information in Agency Problems," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(4), pages 675-689, Winter.
- Keith J. Crocker & John Morgan, 1998. "Is Honesty the Best Policy? Curtailing Insurance Fraud through Optimal Incentive Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 355-375, April.
- Patrick Gonzàlez, 2004.
"Investment and Screening Under Asymmetric Endogenous Information,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(3), pages 502-519, Autumn.
- González, Patrick, 2002. "Investment and Screening under Asymmetric Endogenous Information," Cahiers de recherche 0204, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Gonzalez, Patrick, 2002. "Investment and Screening under Asymmetric Endogenous Information," Cahiers de recherche 0201, GREEN.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-930, July.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-641, June.
- Martin F. Hellwig, 2010.
"Incentive Problems With Unidimensional Hidden Characteristics: A Unified Approach,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(4), pages 1201-1237, July.
- Martin Hellwig, 2006. "Incentive Problems with Unidimensional Hidden Characteristics: A Unified Approach," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2006_26, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, revised Apr 2010.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1994. "The New Economics of Regulation Ten Years After," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 507-537, May.
- Michael D. Grubb, 2009. "Selling to Overconfident Consumers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1770-1807, December.
- Rauf Gönenç & Maria Maher & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2003.
"The Implementation and the Effects of Regulatory Reform: Past Experience and Current Issues,"
OECD Economic Studies,
OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(1), pages 11-98.
- Rauf Gönenç & Maria Maher & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2000. "The Implementation and the Effects of Regulatory Reform: Past Experience and Current Issues," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 251, OECD Publishing.
- Daughety, Andrew F, 1984. "Regulation and Industrial Organization," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 932-953, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olga Chiappinelli, 2016. "Political Corruption in the Execution of Public Contracts," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1607, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Chiappinelli, Olga, 2016. "Political corruption in the execution of public contracts," MPRA Paper 73487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garret Kent Fellows, "undated". "Capital Input Decisions under Rate of Return Regulation," Working Papers 2014-37, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 06 Nov 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsCost padding; Costly state falsification; Endogenous screening;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:30:y:2012:i:4:p:331-341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.