Cost padding in regulated monopolies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Spiros Bougheas & Tim Worrall, 2001. "Cost Padding in Regulated Monopolies," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 2001/07, Department of Economics, Keele University, revised Nov 2001.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lacker, Jeffrey M & Weinberg, John A, 1989.
"Optimal Contracts under Costly State Falsification,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1345-1363, December.
- Lacker, J.M., 1989. "Optimal Contracts Under Costly State Falsification," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 956, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Gul, Faruk, 2001. "Unobservable Investment and the Hold-Up Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 343-376, March.
- Albon, Robert P & Kirby, Michael G, 1983. "Cost-Padding in Profit-Regulated Firms," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 59(164), pages 16-27, March.
- Ilya Segal & Michael D. Whinston, 2002. "The Mirrlees Approach to Mechanism Design with Renegotiation (with Applications to Hold-up and Risk Sharing)," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 1-45, January.
- Giovanni Maggi & Andres Rodriguez-Clare, 1995. "Costly Distortion of Information in Agency Problems," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(4), pages 675-689, Winter.
- Patrick Gonzàlez, 2004.
"Investment and Screening Under Asymmetric Endogenous Information,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(3), pages 502-519, Autumn.
- González, Patrick, 2002. "Investment and Screening under Asymmetric Endogenous Information," Cahiers de recherche 0204, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Gonzalez, Patrick, 2002. "Investment and Screening under Asymmetric Endogenous Information," Cahiers de recherche 0201, GREEN.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-930, July.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-641, June.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger & Svaiter, Benar Fux, 2010.
"Optimal auction with a general distribution: Virtual valuation without densities,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 21-31, January.
- Svaiter, Benar Fux & Monteiro, P. K., 2008. "Optimal auction with a general distribution: virtual valuation without densities," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 681, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Michael D. Grubb, 2009. "Selling to Overconfident Consumers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1770-1807, December.
- Martin F. Hellwig, 2010.
"Incentive Problems With Unidimensional Hidden Characteristics: A Unified Approach,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(4), pages 1201-1237, July.
- Martin Hellwig, 2006. "Incentive Problems with Unidimensional Hidden Characteristics: A Unified Approach," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2006_26, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, revised Apr 2010.
- Daughety, Andrew F, 1984. "Regulation and Industrial Organization," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 932-953, October.
- Rauf Gönenç & Maria Maher & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2003.
"The Implementation and the Effects of Regulatory Reform: Past Experience and Current Issues,"
OECD Economic Studies,
OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(1), pages 11-98.
- Rauf Gönenç & Maria Maher & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2000. "The Implementation and the Effects of Regulatory Reform: Past Experience and Current Issues," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 251, OECD Publishing.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, July.
- Keith J. Crocker & John Morgan, 1998. "Is Honesty the Best Policy? Curtailing Insurance Fraud through Optimal Incentive Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 355-375, April.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1994. "The New Economics of Regulation Ten Years After," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 507-537, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olga Chiappinelli, 2016. "Political Corruption in the Execution of Public Contracts," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1607, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Chiappinelli, Olga, 2016. "Political corruption in the execution of public contracts," MPRA Paper 73487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garret Kent Fellows, "undated". "Capital Input Decisions under Rate of Return Regulation," Working Papers 2014-37, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 06 Nov 2014.
More about this item
KeywordsCost padding; Costly state falsification; Endogenous screening;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:30:y:2012:i:4:p:331-341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .