Excess capacity as a barrier to entry in the US titanium industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
- Lieberman, Marvin B, 1987. "Excess Capacity as a Barrier to Entry: An Empirical Appraisal," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 607-627, June.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Geanakoplos, John & Klemperer, Paul, 1985. "Holding Idle Capacity to Deter Entry [The Role of Investment in Entry Deterrence]," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 178-182, March.
- Cowling, Keith, 1983. "Excess Capacity and the Degree of Collusion: Oligopoly Behaviour in the Slump," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 51(4), pages 341-359, December.
- Hall, Elizabeth A., 1990. "An analysis of preemptive behavior in the titanium dioxide industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 469-484, September.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj, 1984. "Capacity Expansion in the Titanium Dioxide Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 145-163, December.
- Hilke, John C, 1984. "Excess Capacity and Entry: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 233-240, December.
- Kirman, William I. & Masson, Robert T., 1986. "Capacity signals and entry deterrence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 25-42, March.
- Masson, Robert T & Shaanan, Joseph, 1986. "Excess Capacity and Limit Pricing: An Empirical Test," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(211), pages 365-378, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ciaran Driver, 2000. "Capacity Utilisation and Excess Capacity: Theory, Evidence, and Policy," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 16(1), pages 69-87, February.
- Lalit Manral, 2015. "The demand-side dynamics of entrant heterogeneity," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 401-445, April.
- Ugur Soytas, 2009. "Modeling Firm Population Dynamics: An Application to the Turkish Manufacturing Industry for the 1950¡V2000 Period," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 8(3), pages 213-223, December.
- Guy Meunier & Jean-Pierre Ponssard & Catherine Thomas, 2016.
"Capacity Investment under Demand Uncertainty: The Role of Imports in the U.S. Cement Industry,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 455-486, April.
- Guy Meunier & Jean-Pierre Ponssard & Catherine Thomas, 2014. "Capacity Investment under Demand Uncertainty: The Role of Imports in the U.S. Cement Industry," Working Papers hal-00816410, HAL.
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-017-0055-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:15:y:1997:i:2:p:263-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.