Flexibility in the face of demand fluctuations: Employment, capacity utilization, and industry structure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mills, David E & Schumann, Laurence, 1985. "Industry Structure with Fluctuating Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 758-767, September.
- Sheshinski, Eytan & Dreze, Jacques H, 1976.
"Demand Fluctuations, Capacity Utilization, and Costs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 731-742, December.
- SEHSHINSKI, Eytan & DREZE, Jacques H., 1976. "Demand fluctuations, capacity utilization and costs," CORE Discussion Papers RP 279, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Ham, John C, 1990.
"Variation in Employment Growth in Canada: The Role of External, National, Regional, and Industrial Factors,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 198-236, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji & John C. Ham, 1985. "Variation in Employment Growth in Canada: The Role of External, National, Regional and Industrial Factors," Working Papers 581, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Joseph G. Altonji & John C. Ham, 1986. "Variation in Employment Growth in Canada: The Role of External, National, Regional and Industrial Factors," NBER Working Papers 1816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mills, David E, 1984. "Demand Fluctuations and Endogenous Firm Flexibility," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 55-71, September.
- Feinberg, Robert M, 1979. "Market Structure and Employment Instability," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(4), pages 497-505, November.
- Mills, David E., 1986. "Flexibility and firm diversity with demand fluctuations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 203-215, June.
- Das, Bhaskar J & Chappell, William F & Shughart, William F, II, 1993. "Demand Fluctuations and Firm Heterogeneity," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Carlsson, Bo, 1989. "Flexibility and the theory of the firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-203, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nuria Villalba Villalba, 2006. "Cost Flexibility and Firm Size: An Application to Spanish Manufacturing," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 429-446.
- Weiss, Christoph R., 2001. "On flexibility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-356, November.
- Guven Sak & Erol Taymaz, 2004. "How Flexible are Small Firms? An Analysis on the Determinants of Flexibility," Working Papers 0416, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 May 2004.
- Renner, Swetlana & Pieniadz, Agata, 2008. "Conceptualisation of family farms’ flexibility," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44126, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Swetlana Renner & Thomas Glauben & Heinrich Hockmann & Pierre Ouellette, 2015. "Primal and dual multi-output flexibility measures," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 127-136, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:13:y:1995:i:2:p:179-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.