Shill bidding: Empirical evidence of its effectiveness and likelihood of detection in online auction systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kosmopoulou, Georgia & De Silva, Dakshina G., 2007.
"The effect of shill bidding upon prices: Experimental evidence,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 291-313, April.
- Georgia Kosmopoulou & Dakshina G. De Silva, 2005. "The Effect of Shill Bidding upon Prices: Experimental Evidence," Experimental 0512002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lamy, Laurent, 2009.
"The Shill Bidding Effect versus the Linkage Principle,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 390-413, January.
- Laurent Lamy, 2005. "The 'Shill Bidding Effect' Versus the 'Linkage Principle'," Working Papers 2005-35, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Laurent Lamy, 2009. "The Shill Bidding Effect versus the Linkage Principle," Post-Print halshs-00754404, HAL.
- Indranil Chakraborty & Georgia Kosmopoulou, 2004. "Auctions with shill bidding," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(2), pages 271-287, August.
- Engelberg, Joseph & Williams, Jared, 2009. "eBay's proxy bidding: A license to shill," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 509-526, October.
- André P. Liebenberg & Robert E. Hoyt, 2003. "The Determinants of Enterprise Risk Management: Evidence From the Appointment of Chief Risk Officers," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 6(1), pages 37-52, February.
- Anne E. Kleffner & Ryan B. Lee & Bill McGannon, 2003. "The Effect of Corporate Governance on the Use of Enterprise Risk Management: Evidence From Canada," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 6(1), pages 53-73, February.
- Beasley, Mark S. & Clune, Richard & Hermanson, Dana R., 2005. "Enterprise risk management: An empirical analysis of factors associated with the extent of implementation," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 521-531.
- Graham, Daniel A. & Marshall, Robert C. & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1990. "Phantom bidding against heterogeneous bidders," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 13-17, January.
More about this item
KeywordsOnline information systems; IT audit; Fraud; Shill bidding;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ijoais:v:16:y:2015:i:c:p:42-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-accounting-information-systems/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.