Time-driven activity-based costing in an outpatient clinic environment: Development, relevance and managerial impact
Healthcare managers are continuously urged to provide better patient services at a lower cost. To cope with these cost pressures, healthcare management needs to improve its understanding of the relevant cost drivers. Through a case study, we show how to perform a time-driven activity-based costing of five outpatient clinic's departments and provide evidence of the benefits of such an analysis.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van, 2004.
"Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 239-252, August.
- Eddy Cardinaels & Filip Roodhooft & Gustaaf Van Herck, 2004. "Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2004-09, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Eldenburg, Leslie & Kallapur, Sanjay, 1997. "Changes in hospital service mix and cost allocations in response to changes in Medicare reimbursement schemes," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 31-51, May.
- Christopher D. Ittner, 2002. "The Association Between Activity-Based Costing and Manufacturing Performance," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 711-726, June.
- Naranjo-Gil, David & Hartmann, Frank, 2007. "How CEOs use management information systems for strategy implementation in hospitals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 29-41, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:92:y:2009:i:2-3:p:296-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.