The Competitive Advantage of Management Accounting
ABC and BSC methods enable to better manage the company set the strategy and use effective motivational instruments for its implementation. ABC method represents significant development in recognition of causality of cost origin. However, it doesn’t change basic theoretical findings in behaviour of supply (costs) and demand curve. The simplified cost distinguishing between variable and fixed suggested by economic theory has become a thing of the past in the managerial accounting since late 60ties, i.e. much sooner before ABC method has been developed. Divergence of content focus of economic theory and applied disciplines shouldn’t be used for comparison of their importance but on the contrary for searching for common points. Their relationship shouldn’t be competitive but complementary.
Volume (Year): 2008 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Český finanční a účetní časopis, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/cfuc/ Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anthony Hopwood, 2002. "'If only there were simple solutions, but there aren't': some reflections on Zimmerman's critique of empirical management accounting research," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 777-785.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F., 2001. "Assessing empirical research in managerial accounting: a value-based management perspective," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 349-410, December.
- Kari Lukka & Jan Mouritsen, 2002. "Homogeneity or heterogeneity of research in management accounting?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 805-811.
- Zimmerman, Jerold L., 2001. "Conjectures regarding empirical managerial accounting research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 411-427, December.
- Christopher D. Ittner, 2002. "The Association Between Activity-Based Costing and Manufacturing Performance," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 711-726, 06.
- Christopher Ittner & David Larcker, 2002. "Empirical managerial accounting research: are we just describing management consulting practice?," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 787-794.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlcfu:v:2008:y:2008:i:2:id:273:p:78-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.