'If only there were simple solutions, but there aren't': some reflections on Zimmerman's critique of empirical management accounting research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon, Lawrence A. & Miller, Danny, 1976. "A contingency framework for the design of accounting information systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 59-69, January.
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F., 2001. "Assessing empirical research in managerial accounting: a value-based management perspective," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 349-410, December.
- Luft, Joan & Shields, Michael D., 2003. "Mapping management accounting: graphics and guidelines for theory-consistent empirical research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 169-249.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
- Chapman, Christopher S., 1997. "Reflections on a contingent view of accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 189-205, February.
- Zimmerman, Jerold L., 2001. "Conjectures regarding empirical managerial accounting research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 411-427, December.
- March, James G., 1987. "Ambiguity and accounting: The elusive link between information and decision making," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 153-168, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:19:y:2008:i:6:p:840-866 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salvador Carmona & Kari Lukka, 2010. "Anthony G. Hopwood, 1944-2010," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 395-398.
- Mary A. Malina & Hanne S.O. Nørreklit & Frank H. Selto, 2011. "Lessons learned: advantages and disadvantages of mixed method research," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 59-71, April.
- Jana Fibírová, 2008. "The Competitive Advantage of Management Accounting," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2008(2), pages 78-90.
- Allan Hansen, 2011. "Relating performative and ostensive management accounting research: Reflections on case study methodology," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(2), pages 108-138, June.
- Carolyn Stringer, 2007. "Empirical performance management research: observations fromAOS andMAR," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 92-114, June.
- Teemu Malmi & Markus Granlund, 2009. "Agreeing on Problems, Where are the Solutions? A Reply to Quattrone," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 631-639.
- Laurence Van Lent, 2007. "Endogeneity in Management Accounting Research: A Comment," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 197-205.
- van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2007. "Endogeneity in management accounting research : A comment," Other publications TiSEM 8bcd5bc8-5fdd-4aa4-9b3f-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:26:y:2015:i:c:p:84-98 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:euract:v:11:y:2002:i:4:p:777-785. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.