Overcoming barriers to priority setting using interdisciplinary methods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peacock, Stuart J. & Richardson, Jeff R.J. & Carter, Rob & Edwards, Diana, 2007. "Priority setting in health care using multi-attribute utility theory and programme budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 897-910, February.
- Rob Baltussen & Elly Stolk & Dan Chisholm & Moses Aikins, 2006. "Towards a multi-criteria approach for priority setting: an application to Ghana," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(7), pages 689-696.
- Mitton, Craig R. & Donaldson, Cam, 2003. "Setting priorities and allocating resources in health regions: lessons from a project evaluating program budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 335-348, June.
- Donaldson, Cam & Farrar, Shelley, 1993. "Needs assessment: developing an economic approach," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 95-108, September.
- Patten, San & Mitton, Craig & Donaldson, Cam, 2006. "Using participatory action research to build a priority setting process in a Canadian Regional Health Authority," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1121-1134, September.
- Sugden, Robert & Williams, Alan, 1978. "The Principles of Practical Cost-Benefit Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198770411.
- Cornwall, Andrea & Jewkes, Rachel, 1995. "What is participatory research?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(12), pages 1667-1676, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Angell, Blake & Pares, Jennie & Mooney, Gavin, 2016. "Implementing priority setting frameworks: Insights from leading researchers," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(12), pages 1389-1394.
- MacDonald, Jo-Anne & Edwards, Nancy & Davies, Barbara & Marck, Patricia & Guernsey, Judith Read, 2012. "Priority setting and policy advocacy by nursing associations: A scoping review and implications using a socio-ecological whole systems lens," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 31-43.
- Baltussen, Rob & Youngkong, Sitapon & Paolucci, Francesco & Niessen, Louis, 2010. "Multi-criteria decision analysis to prioritize health interventions: Capitalizing on first experiences," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 262-264, August.
- Hipgrave, David B. & Alderman, Katarzyna Bolsewicz & Anderson, Ian & Soto, Eliana Jimenez, 2014. "Health sector priority setting at meso-level in lower and middle income countries: Lessons learned, available options and suggested steps," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 190-200.
- Axel C. Mühlbacher & Anika Kaczynski, 2016. "Making Good Decisions in Healthcare with Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis: The Use, Current Research and Future Development of MCDA," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 29-40, February.
- Stuart J. Peacock & Craig Mitton, 2012. "Priority Setting Methods in Health Services," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 53 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Robinson, Suzanne & Williams, Iestyn & Dickinson, Helen & Freeman, Tim & Rumbold, Benedict, 2012. "Priority-setting and rationing in healthcare: Evidence from the English experience," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2386-2393.
More about this item
KeywordsPriority setting Program budgeting and marginal analysis Ethics Participatory action research Accountability for reasonableness Multi-criteria decision analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:92:y:2009:i:2-3:p:124-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.